40. | T E S T I F Y

Start bij het begin

"Bitch," he said, looking at the blood on his hands from where she had cut him and feeling blood in his mouth from where she'd bitten him, "You ungrateful bitch," he shook his head.

"You're not Carter, Judas and I can't - - I can't pretend that you are. I'm sorry."

"You can't be in love with a dead man Destini - - you can't fuck a dead man can you?" He laughed, "You're crazy. You've lost your mind and you need to be fucking committed. I fear for those children, I do, because you aren't mentally stable."

"Get out," she walked to the door and opened it, "Get the fuck out, Judas!"

"With pleasure," he said walking to the door, he stopped, paused and looked her in the eyes, "The only reason why you're still alive is because I want half of whatever Carter left you in his will - - what you promised me if I killed him," he pointed to his chest, "But now I don't even know if the money's worth it anymore because you are beginning to make me sick to my fucking stomach," he said, "Do you know how many people I've killed?" He laughed, "You wouldn't be nothing but anotha' number to me, ma, nothing. Now, I'm feeling like I'd just get more satisfaction out of offing you than I would out of the money or fucking you for that matta'," he laughed again.

"Fuck you - - get the fuck out."

He smirked, "The pussy couldn't have been that good anyway," Judas said, "It never seemed to be able to keep Carter home after all."

"GET OUT!" She pushed him away from the door, "GET OUT!"

Judas just shook his head and laughed her off, stumbling back in the hallway, "Sleep with one eye open, ma."

Destini shook her head sighing, walking back to the bed and then into the bathroom to get water from the tap. She splashed her face with water and took a deep breath, looking down into the basin and began to burst into tears, shaking her head.

"Now how could you say a thing like that?" She jumped when she looked up and there she saw him - - Carter in the mirror looking at her, talking to her. When she turned around she saw nothing, "That I would hurt the girls?" He furrowed his brows in the mirror at her, "I would neva' hurt my own children. You know that. You and Judas on the otha' hand, well," he shrugged and laughed, "Ya'll niggas killed me so I mean - - hey," he laughed again, "Where you going?"

"You're not here - - he's not here - - Destini he's not here - - he's dead," she climbed into bed, "He's not here. You're seeing things."

"He's not here - - Destini he's not here," Carter laughed and mocked her and when she opened her eyes she saw him laying next to her in bed, "Boo," he smiled. She jumped and he laughed at her, seeing her jump out of bed.

"Damn, Des," Carter said, pushing back the covers and standing up, "Am I that ugly, now - - geeze, if I had lived makes me wonda' if you'da stayed with my ass. Shit, you actin' like you can't stand the sight of me and shit," he looked in the mirror in the bedroom, "I mean I was shot in the head so that kinda fucked up my handsome good looks - - BUT," he turned to her, "I'm still the flyest nigga on the scene huh?" He tugged at his suit jacket.

"Carter why are you doing this to me?!" She screamed at him, crying her eyes out, "Why do you keep doing this!?"

"Aww, boo hoo," Carter said, sarcastically, "Kill that shit. Look ma, I'm not going away so you can forget that and you're about to make me mad angry too and you know how scary I get when I'm angry," he said, "So, I think it's time for you to go ahead and do what you need to do."