16. | S A M S O N I T E M A N

C H A P T E R | SIXTEEN
SAMSONITE MAN

𝙲 𝙰 𝚁 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁 𝙼 𝙴 𝙺 𝙷 𝙸

HIS Italian leather lay still on the glass top of his desk while the room filled with his laughter. He was in the makings of closing another big deal with an international investor. This time, the grand prize was close to 4 million if he played his cards right and he had intended to use every bit of knowledge that Midknight gave him when he was just a little nigga in the game. So far so good. Carter had figured out how to weave the language and hustle of the streets into the hustle of the corporate world - - expertly.

Carter's tired eyes slowly glanced up at the knock on his door - - his assistant. He held up one finger and then smiled his bright toothed smile, gesturing that the client he was on the phone with wouldn't stop talking. Understanding, she smiled and nodded at the handsomeness that was he and waited patiently. A few seconds later he was off the phone and all ears.

"Just reminding you if you don't get a move on it you'll be late for your meeting with the Francois Company at 4," she said as she looked at his itinerary for the day.

"Fuck," he got up, reaching for the solid gold buttons of his checkered vest and swiped his tongue across his bottom lip, "I forgot about that."

"The Country Club," she reminded him, "You have a golf date with them. I went to Barney's and found you something suiting to wear and had Daniel bring up your golf clubs from storage."

"You're a life sava', really," Carter said laughing, "At 4 right?"

"4'oclock sharp," she smiled. Suddenly she heard a tapping behind her and turned around to see a smiling young woman standing in the doorway. Carter's eyes lit up when he saw her and the young woman's eyes followed suit, "I'm sorry, you're - -,"

"Babydoll!," Carter chimed and bit his bottom lip as he watched as she maneuvered past his assistant and like a child squealed, ran over, and wrapped her arms around his neck. "It's fine," Carter said to his assistant, "Give me ten minutes. I won't be late for the meeting I promise," ignoring the look she gave him he looked back down at Stoni and smiled.

"I was around doing Christmas shopping and I thought I should come and visit you," Stoni smiled as he squeezed her tighter toward him, "You know, see what you were up to."

"Hmmm, checking up on me, huh?" Said Carter as he laughed and sucked his bottom lip, "I see how it is."

"Noooooo - - okay, yessss but only to see if you're being a good boy like you promised me," Stoni said, "You know you like to be bad sometimes."

"Neva', ma," Carter replied confidently, "Come hea' gimme a kiss since you hea' and all." Stoni nuzzled her nose against his as he grabbed her chin and pulled it closer to him. The feeling of her soft lips and the lip gloss she wore played against his as he groaned and his hands slid down to her backside that he grabbed appreciatively. "Damn I missed that," he whispered in a low baritone octave, "You miss me?"

"Mhmm," she nodded, staring deep into his eyes - - she felt nothing but good as he held her in his strong arms, "You look so cute when you work," Stoni giggled, "All fancy." He was even more dressed up than usual - - she noticed he never wore jeans whenever she was around him - - always business casual but at work he was professionally dressed to a tee. "You look like the models at Macy's," laughing she tugged at the lapel of his three button Versace vest, "Papito you should be a model. You're tall and sexy like them."