28. | M E R R Y G O R O U N D

C H A P T E R | TWENTY-EIGHT
MERRY GO ROUND

𝙳 𝙴 𝚂 𝚃 𝙸 𝙽 𝙸 𝙼 𝙴 𝙺 𝙷 𝙸

DESTINI couldn't believe she was doing this - - but she couldn't have been more excited about it at the same time. Obviously she was feeling Taurean but it was much more than just that. The real hype behind her going out tonight rested behind the fact that she hadn't been inside of a club since she could remember - - she was probably eighteen or nineteen the last time she'd gone out like this. Single life was beginning to lose it's cobwebs and show it's luster after all.

Sure, there were plenty times where she felt sad that Carter wasn't around but honestly when was he ever really around when they were together, she'd remind herself. Still, she hated the strain that it put on the girls, especially her and Khloe's relationship - - but tonight wasn't about that. Tonight was about her going out, hanging out with Taurean and her best friend Tanya and having a good time.

"Girl if you don't put your shoes on and come on - - you been in that damn mirror since I got here," Tanya said as she watched Destini teasing her hair and pushing up her girls in the tight ass black Prada dress she was wearing. It was strapless, low cut at the bust line where it dipped down, to the thigh and complimented the matching black Yves Saint Laurent pumps she was wearing. "Forreal, Destini damn!" Short tempered Tanya was looking at the clock on her phone growing ever so impatient.

Brooklyn came to the bathroom door and leaned on it watching her mother get dressed with Tanya, "Ma where you going?" She curiously asked while spooning up her strawberry yogurt, "Can I go?"

"I'm going out to something TJ invited me to," she said turning around and walking past Brooklyn, tapping her on the backside, "And sorry baby," Destini kissed her forehead, "You're not old enough to get into this place - - maybe in a few years."

"Oh you're going to his party?" She said following Destini into her bedroom, "I heard about it - - it's the black dresses and martini's party. Ma, what's a martini again?"

"Something you don't need to know about until you're twenty-one," she looked at Tanya in surprise, "How do you know about this party little girl?"

"Everybody knows about TJ's parties mom, duh," Brooklyn laughed and plopped on Destini's king sized bed, "Plus I was helping him cut out the flyers for it too," she smiled, "I heard him on the phone talking about it when I was helpin' out - - it's supposed to be poppin'."

"The things these kids learn I swear," Destini said laughing, "Well little missy," Brooklyn turned on the TV and went to the Netflix app, "Don't give Melissa a hard time - - she's a nice girl from mommy's class and she's gonna be babysitting you, Khloe, and Kayden tonight until I get back. I'm serious too - - no pranks, no fires, and no gum in anybody's hair this time, alright?"

"Yeah, yeah - - I got it ma," Brooklyn said and rolled her eyes while flipping through the kids section on Netflix, "Do we get pizza money? I want pizza - - pepperoni."

"Yeah, go get my purse," she got up and handed Destini her wallet and out Destini pulled a few bills, "That's for the pizza."

"I despise pepperoni," Khloe said as she walked past the room, "I'll only eat cheese and I'm the oldest so cheese it is," she grabbed the money right out of Brooklyn's hand, "Who is this Melissa girl anyway?"