08. | A N N I V E R S A R Y

C H A P T E R | E I G H T
ANNIVERSARY

𝙲 𝙰 𝚁 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁 𝙼 𝙴 𝙺 𝙷 𝙸

CARTER opened the doors to he and Destini's bedroom after leaving the girl's rooms and found his wife laying in bed in something Chanel, flipping aimlessly through channels on the flat screen that was mounted on their bedroom wall. He climbed into bed, wrapped his arms around her and snuggled his body close to hers,

"Everybody's in bed sleep," he said, having put the girls to sleep a few minutes prior, "So now it's time for you to get up and get dressed," she laughed and pressed the channel button, "You're laughin' and I'm dead serious - - I don't know why you even laid down."

"Get up for what," said Destini as she browsed through the T.V. guide to see what was on for the night, "Why?" It was still pretty early so she figured she and Carter could find something suitable to fall asleep to on the tube.

"Cause," he pulled her body closer to his, his bigger and taller frame engulfing her smaller one, "I'm taking you out," Carter smirked, "You really thought I forgot didn't you?"

"Hmm?" Her eyes stayed glued to the T.V. as Carter chuckled deeply and kissed his way down her sweet smelling neck, "Carterrrr," she whined and giggled when his tongue tickled her, flicking across a spot where he hadn't kissed, "Why you playin' around," she said, "Just cause I let you eat it the other day don't mean I'm gonna let you beat it today," she laughed, thinking back to the other day when she and Carter got the full use of their outdoor pool, "And forgot what?"

He looked at her, propping himself up on his elbow, watching her while she watched the T.V. She was completely oblivious as to what he was thinking and Carter couldn't have been happier because he just knew that she thought he forgot. He knew that Destini didn't say anything about it because she thought that he didn't care anymore, that he had stopped giving a fuck a long time ago so what was the point of mentioning it?

She didn't know how wrong she really was, "Brooklyn. August 28th - - the year was what, '05," she slowly turned her attention away from the T.V. and looked at him, "And I remember I took this young - - cute lil' shorty out - - we went to this concert around the way - - I told her I'd be at her house at eight - - and a nigga didn't have a car yet - - I was still saving up - - so I caught like 3 trains and one bus over to where she was stayin' with her pops."

She slowly sat up as Carter continued to talk, "So I made my way over to her father's place in Bed-Sty and I was scared shitless - - goin' out of my mind cause I knew I had to meet this nigga. Now usually, I wouldn't have even done all this just to mess with a girl but this girl - - she was mad different. She had me up on the phone with her all night when I should have been doing my homework but I was talking to her - - this girl was worth the trouble. I convinced myself this girl was worth all that so I got my shit together and took a deep breath and rang her doorbell."

Destini's eyes were wide and interested as she stared at Carter, "And I heard her running to the door a few seconds later and when she opened it - - man when she opened that door I knew that she was worth those three trains and that one bus that I had gotten on - - shorty was maddddd ass fly standing in the doorway wearin' them bamboo earrings she always wore with her name in the middle and the matching Gucci link necklace to go with it," he chuckled, "And I could tell she wanted to kiss me but pops intercepted the fuck out of that one and came up behind her in the doorway, invited me in, and interrogated the hell out of me."