27. | F O O L I S H H E A R T S

C H A P T E R | TWENTY-SEVEN
FOOLISH HEARTS

𝙳 𝙴 𝚂 𝚃 𝙸 𝙽 𝙸 𝙼 𝙴 𝙺 𝙷 𝙸

THINGS were beginning to have some type of stability for Destini after the court case drama died down and she began to really try to work past Carter. She had moved out of her mothers and took the girls with her, found a beautiful apartment spacious enough for she and the three of her girls, and she had even enrolled in New York City college.

Destini was intent on finally going back to school and getting her bachelors degree - - something that having a baby and getting married at such a young age, stopped her from doing. It seemed like after Khloe came and then Brooklyn and the marriage, all Destini's dreams at bettering herself took a backseat to raising Carter's children and keeping up his house. She was supposed to be his rock, his support, and selflessly throw her dreams out to the wind for him and her children and Destini did just that; but now, it was time for her to finally do what Destini wanted to do, not what Carter told her to do.

She was taking courses in between the girls school schedule whenever she could and if she couldn't she would arrange for the girls to go with her mother and come and pick them up after class ended. Destini didn't know how she would have been able to make any of this possible without the help of her mother there with the children but she was eternally grateful that her mother was retired and able to care for them while she did something for herself for once.

Today turned out to be one of those hustling days. Destini was hustling from place to place - - first to get the girls to school, then making sure they got to grandmas, off to campus for classes, and then hustling all the way back to her mothers and then back to Manhattan to their apartment - - and all this while it was raining cats and dogs out.

The rain poured down as Destini helped Brooklyn and Khloe out of the car, with Kayden in her arms as usual, "Hurry girls," Destini said as she closed the car door and hurried the girls along, covering Kayden as best she could without an umbrella, "Dammit why didn't I remember to bring my umbrella - - Brooklyn stop splashing in puddles! You're getting soaking wet! Khloe get your sister please!"

Destini sighed and shook her head, watching as Brooklyn did everything but what Destini had asked her to do and then looked down in her arms to see Kayden's face getting wet from the rain and Kayden sniffling, "Aww, junior don't cry," she kissed Kayden's cheek, "I'm gonna get you inside now - - Lord please don't let this child catch a cold, all wet like this," she hurried down the sidewalk with Kayden in tow and finally got to the front door of their apartment building, put her code in and ushered her two wet girls inside. She and Kayden came in drenched after them.

"Hey mommy can I go play with Asia? I wanna go see if she's home," Destini grabbed Brooklyn before she could run off, by her rain coat, "Maaaaaa!!"

"You're all wet and you haven't done your homework yet Brook," she said, "I don't want you running all up in your little friend's house dripping all over their furniture - - no," Brooklyn pouted, "You can play with her tomorrow - - I'll call down and ask her mother in advance instead of just showing up," although Brooklyn sucked her teeth, Destini smiled, "I love you too, Joanna." She laughed and looked over at Khloe who was leaning against the wall of the elevator refusing to make eye contact or even speak to Destini.