21. | R E P E T I T I O N & R O L L E R C O A S T E R S

C H A P T E R | TWENTY-ONE
REPETITION & ROLLERCOASTERS

𝙲 𝙰 𝚁 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁 𝙼 𝙴 𝙺 𝙷 𝙸

HE sat there in the car for a moment before what Destini had said actually sunk in. She had slammed the car door to the Porsche and everything by the time he composed himself and realized that she was long gone inside their mansion. After the stun wore off he got out the car and the anger he was feeling began to settle in. She couldn't have been serious, Carter thought, she ain't serious.

Carter raced up the steps and inside the dark house - - everyone was sleeping except for Destini's mother who was on the couch. She'd been watching the girls for Destini while she and Tanya went to handle Aiko. When she saw Destini come inside the house and Carter come quickly after she knew not to say anything - - she knew that something was going on and she had enough of jumping into their business.

"Destini," Carter climbed the stairs as fast as he could but Destini was already in the bedroom, "Destini you hea' me callin' you!"

"I don't hear nothin'," said Destini as she grabbed Louis Vuitton luggage out of the closet and threw them onto the bed, "I don't hear nothin' - - I don't see nothin' - - all I see is me walkin' out that front door. Just walk out the door," Destini chanted to herself when she heard Carter's voice. She had been practicing this for some time now - - practicing how she would stay strong and leave him if ever she had to.

"You will not just ignore me!" Carter bellowed in the middle of their bedroom.

"I don't hear nothin' - - I don't see nothin' - - all I see is me walkin' out that front door," she kept chanting to herself, "I don't hear nothin' - - I don't see nothin' - - all I see is me walkin' out that front door."

"Destini!" He grabbed one of the carry on luggage bags from her hand and then her wrist, "Destini you hea' me callin' you!"

"I told you Carter," he looked down at her into her deep starry eyes while she looked up at him into the eyes that she'd fallen in love with - - the same eyes that had deceived her for years, "I'm leaving."

"You leaving?" He repeated and licked his lips, "You fuckin' leaving?" Carter said, "And what? What about the girls - - they leaving too, huh? Destini you ain't goin' no whea - - no whea' you hea' me."

"NO," she snatched her wrist away and grabbed her bag, "You don't hear me Carter! I said I'm leaving you and I meant it. I can't stay in this place anotha minute. All you do is leave us hea' - - you leave us hea' and you do your business out in New York and you don't give a flyin' fuck about me or your three babies!" Tears streamed down her face.

"This isn't the way love is supposed to be! This isn't the man I fell in love with! The man I fell in love with would neva' eva' hurt me the way you have, Carter - - NEVA'. He promised me the world - - that man promised me he was gonna love me foreva' and treat me right and the only thing he's - - you've - - done is hurt me."

"I fucked up - - okay I got that I fucked up but I'm sorry! I told you that shit Destini. I didn't know Aiko would do some foul shit like that and she gonna pay."

"It's not about just Aiko! Jesus Carter don't you get it by now!" Destini pushed his chest, "It's about you not givin' a fuck about every vow we said when we got married. To honor, to love, to trust, to protect, in sickness and in health til' death do us part! Tell death do us part Carter - - not til' Carter decides he wants to fuck otha' bitches! You ain't did none of that shit!"