00. | P R E S S R E L E A S E

N E W Y O R K T I M E S
PRESS RELEASE

Notorious Syndicate Figure Assassinated in
Gruesome Staten Island Slaying, No Survivors

Media Contact: New York Times.
Tuesday August 3, 2016

New York, NY. - The Syndicate may have finally come to it's gruesome end this afternoon when leader in chief Carter Ryan Mekhi was gunned down upon exiting a frequently visited Staten Island restaurant this afternoon. Witnesses say the assassination occurred somewhere between three o'clock P.M. and three fifteen P.M. on the east three hundred block of 52nd street and Marrow avenue.

Mekhi was seen leaving the restaurant with two personally hired security men when the gunshots rang out in the midst of crowded midday streets. Police arrived on the scene ten minutes following the incident to a gruesome murder scene that left the two security men dead and Mekhi fatally wounded and killed.

Reports show that Mekhi had been shot four times in the chest from far range inducing cardiac arrest and kidney failure however, he was believed to have been still alive after the ordeal. It was not until he was then shot once in the head from close range that New York's celebrity Syndicate leader was fatally killed.

Mekhi was currently awaiting imprisonment upon the time of his death, being convicted of three counts of premeditated murder, counts of racketeering, tax evasion, and slew of other crime related charges. He was sentenced to serve sixty-five years to life without the possibility of parole that would have been effective October 22, 2016.

Praised and admired for his local and national celebrity, patronage for New York's up and coming youth, and his often public displays of extravagant lifestyle, for some Mekhi's death comes as devastation. However, law officials have expressed deep dissatisfaction with the outcome of the situation, Chief Williams of the New York Police Department expresses his sentiments candidly, "I would have liked nothing more than to see that man rot in prison for the entire sixty-five years of his sentencing," said Williams, "He was a menace and disgrace to the integrity, safety, and respect of New York city. It's a shame these assassins gave Mekhi the easy way out. Now I'm turning my attention to them because what we couldn't make him pay for we'll make them pay for."

No word yet has been said about funeral proceedings for Carter Ryan Mekhi, also known as the 'Teflon Don', but ceremonies are expected to occur within the next few weeks. Mekhi was twenty-eight at the time of his death.

N E W Y O R K T I M E S