35. | B Y A N Y M E A N S

Start from the beginning

She turned away from the window and began to walk past the easels, some of the work finished and others not. She found a drawing that she recognized off bat which was Carter's eldest daughter, Khloe, one he'd drawn and begun painting himself but he hadn't finished it. When she saw it, Carter had painted only half of her face but the work was still beautiful for what it was.

Khloe must have been a daddy's girl, Aiko thought and she knew that Carter loved her sincerely. She left the studio feeling so much closer to him and walked further down the long corridors, twisting and turning in so much house for only five people - - she knew Carter loved to live lavishly though, so she wasn't surprised by it.

Aiko came to a wide open door and knew she'd hit the jackpot when she got there. It was the master bedroom and it looked more like its own house than just another room in the house. It was huge with by draperies and pillars coming down, its own living room, closet attached, and a bathroom that could have easily doubled as a lavish locker room - - he'd went all out. She smirked, looking around, feeling like she was Mrs. Mekhi and she was seeing her - - their bedroom for the first time as if it were wedding night.

When Aiko walked into the room a little more her foot hit against something she found on the floor - - a bottle of pills with Carter's name on it and a prescription that was almost impossible to pronounce but seemed pretty strong and pretty serious.

"Hmm," she said to herself, thinking it odd to find the pills just laying there, spilling out that way. She went to the nightstand and placed the bottle there and then low and behold she found her prize laying in the bed, obviously just out the shower, beads of water having been left on his body from showering and completely in the nude, "Oh Carter," she said, realizing he had taken quite a few of the pills.

"You made this so easy for me," she said, "I even brought something to sedate you with," she'd brought a mild sedative just in case Carter tried to resist her advances but clearly he was doped up on his own brand of medicine and the scotch she found beside the bed on the nightstand also impaired him further - - he was drinking while medicated, "Now what are we so upset for, honey bun?" She giggled and took his nakedness in and bit her bottom lip so enticed by him.

"Des?" Carter said half in space and half in orbit - - he didn't know where he was - - so high from the medicine, mixed with the alcohol he was drinking, "Des I told you - - I - - I to - - I said not - -," his eyes fluttered, barely able to speak correctly, "I told you I just - - wanna - - be - - wanna - - wanna - - be - - alone right now."

"Shhh," Aiko said, "I'll be right back, baby - - don't you go anywhere," she whispered and giggled to herself and walked into Destini's closet that looked more like a store than anything, "He wants Destini," she said slowly stripping out of her clothes and her bra and panties, "I'll play the part - - I'll show him I'm better than her," she rummaged through Destini's expensive dresses until she found the one - - the red dress that Destini had worn in the portrait downstairs and it clearly had only been worn on that one occasion. She heard Carter groaning in the bedroom as if he were half in pain and trying to speak but he couldn't get up to walk and he couldn't formulate coherent sentences.

Aiko slipped her naked body into the dress and let her hair down, falling past her breasts and down her back. She looked in the mirror and grabbed Destini's earrings, exactly like the picture and put them in her ears convincing herself that she was Mrs. Mekhi now. She smirked at her reflection and then rummaged around Destini's closet finding the appropriate shoes to slip on and they were a perfect size seven fit - - she was meant for this role and she just knew it.

The last touch was one of Destini's beautiful necklaces, she looked and looked, and found nothing that she wanted until she stumbled upon one with inscription that read: Destini, forever my heart, love Carter. She smirked and decided that she'd wear that one and she walked out of the closet and found Carter trying to stand up, clinging to the wall.