33. | T A S T E O F R E V E N G E

Start from the beginning

"But other girls my age get their hair straightened. There's a girl in my class who got her hair straightened and her hair was just like mine. It's so pretty now."

"We talked about this before Lo," Carter wasn't too happy with the idea that his baby girl wanted to grow up so quickly, "Little girls should look like little girls and not try to be grown up. You're too young for shit like that, doll," he shook his head, "Daddy thinks you're pretty just the way you are. You have all that long, pretty, curly hair, why would you wanna change it when it's just fine that way."

"Because I wanna stand out - - like you said, I look just like Kayden and Brook - - but I'm the oldest."

"I didn't mean it like that. I meant you are all different yes, but you're sistas' so you're gonna have similarities and they're good similarities," he took a sip of his water and watched as she played with her asparagus. Carter sighed, "I'll think about letting mommy straighten it, Lo."

"Not mommy," she said, "I want to go to a hair stylist - - like grown ups. I want to go to this salon that I heard about on T.V. - - it's here in Manhattan too."

"Okay baby," Carter didn't even feel like arguing about it any longer - - Khloe was persistent but that wasn't what bothered him; what bothered him was that he could see the change in his daughter coming more and more aggressively and he wasn't sure if the change was for the better or not. Khloe had drastically taken a turn and Destini had mentioned this to him but he didn't really see it until now - - there was something so different about her demeanor.

"But, I mean it when I say don't be in such a rush to grow up, Khloe. You're still my little girl and daddy wants to cherish all those moments before you go running off and getting married and having children of your own."

"If Khloe gets to straighten her hair can I get a car," Brooklyn grinned and pointed to a Lambo on the street, "I want that one - - I love fast cars."

"You can't even drive," Khloe rolled her eyes, "I'll be able to drive before you will, smarty pants."

"So what - - if daddy's granting wishes then I want in on it too," she shrugged her shoulders and ate her chicken, "So about that car, daddy?"

"Okay that's enough for one day - - everybody," Carter laughed and wiped his mouth with the cloth napkin in his lap, "I wanna talk to you about what happened last night."

"Well let me start by saying that I don't like the living arrangements," said precocious Khloe, "I just want things to be like they were before."

"This is a little hard for daddy to explain but I'm gonna try my absolute best," Carter said, "Your motha' and I - - we love each otha' very very much," he started, "I would give anything for her and ya'll but sometimes when you love someone as much as your motha' and me love each otha' sometimes things can go different than we plan. Sometimes people need a little bit of a break from each otha' to make sure that they can keep lovin' each otha'."

"Daddy's not perfect at all - - I've made some mistakes and sometimes I've hurt mommy when I shouldn't have but I do love her and I do want to be with her but right now we just can't be togetha' until we talk some more and sort some things out," he licked his lips, "Now, it's not mommy's fault so you guys shouldn't be mad at her or give her a hard time because mommy loves you sooooo much. What's going on between mommy and I does not take away from how she feels about the three of you."

Khloe shook her head and folded her arms, "But daddy it's not fair," she said, "If you and mommy love each other why do you need to take a break? Shouldn't you just love each other?"