Prince

~1:25 AM, Ethan's room~

*pt 2*

"Gray. You're gonna be an amazing uncle. The kind of uncle that my kid is gonna want to visit everyday." Ethan said, all seriousness in his voice. His hand rested gently over Grayson's.

But Grayson was unaffected by the physical contact. He knew it would be another moment of delusional hope, moments wasted wishing Ethan wanted him, loved him. He desperately wished, no, needed Ethan to choose him.

But the oblivious older brother had no idea. He had absolutely no idea what Grayson felt for him. It was so fucking real, so intense to Grayson. And it didn't even exist in Ethan's mind.

But he was too late. Now Ethan was just out of reach. He was right there pressed into his side, but he was still so far away.

It made Grayson crazy with jealousy. They would never share the same relationship that MereBitch had with him. They couldn't, even if they both wanted to.

They would never be a truly happy family, one with their own child, plus Ethan would never want him anyway.

"Yeah, I really hope so." He replied.

It was a boy;

Just like Ethan had been hoping for. He wanted to raise a little boy, just like himself. Growing up to a loving, ecstatic father, playing sports and exploring the world with wonder: all of the good things from his own life.

Grayson felt a tingling sensation in his hands as his thoughts began to wander farther from the conversation.

But he was pulled back into reality by Ethan clearing his throat. He was doing it again. He was zoning out from what Ethan was trying to say.

Grayson buried himself farther into his blanket, drowning in his own self-pity.

"I want to tell you something." He whispered.

It was past midnight, meaning the room was dark, other than the faint moonlight coming through the thin floating curtains. And suddenly, the air stilled around them,

the silence was deafening,

"Yes?" Ethan asked, impatiently tapping his thigh.

Fuck, Grayson was frozen again. Just like the previous day when he wanted to tell him how much love he had for him, but he just couldn't.

Ethan was intimidating. He made it hard for Grayson to express how he felt. He stuttered, trying to reach out to Ethan with words, but he had no idea how to.

"I need, You're my- It's not easy." Grayson's face twisted into a pained, sad expression. His eyes stung as he tried to utter the words that lingered in the back of his mind. But he had no courage to finish what he started.

And Grayson felt like the words were tangled in his throat, cutting off his breath. He tried to speak, and it was proving difficult.