Day in California

~2:30 AM~

The towering palm trees swayed with the cool summer breeze. The charming, warm atmosphere of California and the diverse mix of culture felt natural. The twins knew they were in the right place. This was where they belonged.

They spent the morning at Starbucks in Laguna Beach, sipping on their drinks. The café was high in the hills, allowing a wide view of the crystal clear beach ahead. The bright sun glimmered off the large waves, crashing into the rocky shores.

Their pinkies were interlocked underneath the table, so nobody could see.

They let go when a fan came to ask for a picture. Grayson looked down at his brownie as Ethan smiled for the camera.

When they were wide awake with caffeine, Ethan decided he wanted to go surfing. Of course, Grayson agreed and went along with it.

They always had an extra pair of swimming trunks in the back of their truck in case they ever needed them.

Grayson was admiring his brothers side profile for the entire car ride there. The bright sky and tall trees reflected off of Ethan's sunglasses.

His jaw was clenched with focus as he drove. Grayson reached over and clasped his warm hand in the privacy of the truck.

They let go of each other when they ran for the shore, so people won't see. The ocean waves were rough and cold. Both of their teeth chattered violently. And the waves came crashing down making it difficult to find the perfect wave.

When they finally stood on the boards, they smoothly glided on the waves; it was a temporary moment of insanity, or even ecstasy. It felt like they were in air. It felt like freedom.

The twins paddled deep in the ocean where they were secluded from the public. There were no more big waves here.

The soft rocking of the boards were soothing, like the ocean was lulling them into an eternal, peaceful sleep. Her melody was sweet and gentle.

"It's so perfect." Grayson sighed, looking into the water. His hair was dripping with cold water. You're perfect. E thought to himself.

Ethan's thoughts were only centered around Grayson and nothing else. He reached over and took his hand. "What do you want to do next? It's your choice." Ethan said, looking into his brothers eyes.

He smiled at Ethan. The ocean brought out his wild and voluminous curls, and made his little nose turn pink, too. "Let's drive up to Hollywood. We haven't gone to the sign in a while. Do you remember?" I grinned. "Of course."

~

The rest of the day went by quickly. They traveled the path to the Hollywood sign before it grew too dark.

Once they reached their destination, it was already late in the night. But it didn't matter.

The city lights flashed and flickered in the distance. Streaks of red and white zoomed along the winding roads of the busy city. The magnificent mountains surrounded them, encompassing the entire city. It was mesmerizing.

The memories that had once been distant, came back to the present moment.

-

Two 12-year old twin brothers. Two curious adventurous kids that feared nothing. Ethan had a slight lisp and Grayson was still missing his front tooth. It was no surprise. They couldn't keep themselves from being so curious.

The pair left their family to explore the unknown trails. They stumbled across one secluded path leading up.

Little bushes and plants lined up the rocky way. A small, glittering hummingbird led their way. They followed innocently.

The twins realized they were standing right above the Hollywood sign, overlooking everything. Little Grayson looked up at his older brother in amazement. "No way, gup. Look!" He pointed down at Hollywood.

The once large and immense city was now the size of their thumbs. Ethan's wide grin mirrored his brother's. Getting in trouble was completely worth this tranquil, perfect moment.

"This is amazing! It's beautiful..." Gray said. Ethan laughed. His eyes fell on his brother. His wide eyes and toothy grin was so innocent and pure. He loved his brother too much to ever let anything happen to him. "No. You're beautiful."

Gray ran over to hug him with no hesitation. Ethan smiled to himself when Gray buried his head into his chest. It felt right.

-

They stood at the top, watching the view. It was dark and quiet, just like they wanted.

Ethan let Grayson rest his head in his shoulder. And they held each other's hands, not once breaking away.

...oOo...

Heyy. I literally wrote this in an hour. 😂 so sorry if it was kinda cheesy

-also how do I get rid of the cast??? Idk how to get rid of it