Northern lights

~10:05 PM~

He was looking up at the sky and the large, distant, snow-covered mountains in amazement. His face was painted with a look of pure joy and ecstasy. But I didn't even bother to look up at what he was looking at. Why?

Because I was already looking at the most beautiful sight. He was more beautiful than the vibrant colors in the night sky or the christmas lights decorating our wooden cabin.

Grayson's hazel eyes were bright, colored with wonder. He laughed, the sound child-like and innocent. The cold air mixed with his warm laughter created a wispy vapor that floated and disappeared into the sky.

He noticed me watching and smiled at me. Everything about that smile was perfect; the dimples, the crinkle in his eyes, his little pink nose.

He held my hand, his bare hand warm in comparison to the frosty air biting at my skin. "E, I don't think I've ever been happier than I am right now with you. This moment couldn't get any better."

I kissed his cheek tenderly. His eyes wandered back up as he squeezed and un-squeezed my hand. "Or maybe it could."

Now was the time.

I let go of him and backed up. My heart was racing wildly. Trying to keep my cool, I took a deep breath in. His eyes were wide in curiosity and fear. "Dude, what are you doing?

I exhaled, watching the warm air evaporate. Rubbing my hands together, I finally brought myself to speak.

"I don't know if I've ever told you this, because it's hard to put what I'm trying to say into words.

"I've known you for 17 years, and all these years I've watched you grow into a kind and beautiful soul. We learned and grew together, our entire lives, and I've never understood how much you meant to me.

"And I don't regret one day of us being together, but the only thing I regret was not telling you I love you everyday."

Grayson was looking deep into my eyes as I spoke. His eyebrows were pulled together as if he was going to cry.

"Without you, I feel completely empty. I'm not Ethan when you're not here, I'm just nothing. But you're my everything, my other half. I'm crazy in love with you, Grayson."

"Sparks fly when you touch me, when our bodies meet and our lips meld into one.

"Everything about you makes me fall in love with you more and more everyday. You're filled with energy, charismatic, spontaneous, adventurous and caring. And you can always make me laugh no matter what.

"There was a time when we were kids that we struggled. At school, kids would tease us and call us 'faggots' or 'nerds', and I forgot how to smile for a really long time. But the only person that could bring me back up was you.

"At 13, we shared our very first kiss. In our private tree house back in New Jersey. I promised myself, in that moment, that I would never hurt you. I would never let  anything happen to you."

"But, at 17, I broke that promise, and I'm so sorry. It was a weak and selfish move and I knew you were hurting, because I felt the same pain. The pain of leaving you.

"Saying goodbye to you was the hardest thing I ever did..."

Grayson was breathing quickly and his eyes were focused on Ethan. Tears filled his eyes and his bottom lip quivered.

"When I came back, you accepted me and took me back in. I didn't deserve your forgiveness, but you gave it to me. Thank you for that, Grayson.

"And ever since then, our bond was replenished, strengthened. We were inseparable, in love beyond measure.

"And I had always felt something growing deep inside my mind when I was with you, whether we were cuddling or playing or making love. But I never knew what it meant.

"But it's clear now that you're the only one for me. You're my entire world and I love you with all of my heart. I'm sorry that it took me so long to realize it, but I can fix that right now."

I dropped down on one knee and dug into the pocket of my leather jacket. I pulled out a small box and popped the top off to reveal a shiny white-gold ring.

"Grayson Bailey Dolan, will you marry me?"

He let out a quiet sob. "Yes!" He ran and tackled me into the snow. "Yes, yes, yes!" He was crying, but I could hear the laughter in his voice.

We hugged and rolled around in the soft blanket of snow. He was sitting on my lap when he finally calmed down.

He took the ring and slid it onto his finger. He smiled down at it and hugged me tight again.

"I love you." I whispered. A warm tear rolled down my cheek; the meaning within those three words were so powerful and raw.

"I love you more." He smiled and looked at me. "You're crying!" He wiped my tear away with a soft stroke of his thumb.

"No." I lied, but my voice wavered, throwing off my statement's credibility.

"Awww, E-tee-wee-tee's in love with mee." I growled and tackled him into the snow and we playfully wrestled again.

~

We both grew tired of play-fighting and laid in the snow for a while. But the cold was growing unbearable and I didn't want us to fall asleep outside. So we walked into the cozy bedroom, hand-in-hand.

Grayson was laying on top of me, resting his head on my chest. The weight was comforting, just knowing he was right there in my arms, safe and sound.

I stared at the colorful night lights through the window. Euphoric colors painted across the canvas of the sky. The white Christmas lights flickered and glowed outside into a dim light, reflecting off the snow like perfect glimmering crystals.

"You proved me wrong." Gray said, unconsciously twirling a strand of my curly hair.

"How?"

"I told you that I couldn't have been happier, but you've proven me wrong. Nothing's ever felt more right than this."

"Agreed. Love you, hubby." I said, jokingly.

"Love you more, guppy."

-

I kinda teared up when I was writing this. Because what if this really happened?

But I really like this chapter even tho it was cheesy and i hope u liked it too :)