Devastatingly New Reality

I don't know how long I was there before the nurses started to usher me to the waiting room. I couldn't see much; the tears were clouding my vision and making it hard to see. But I could see them pull the covers up and over each and every one of my family members. I cried harder.

    One of the nurses stayed with me throughout my breakdown in hopes of calming me down. It took an entire hour, but I finally ran out of tears. She made sure that I was calm before they told me the new plan.

    "Sweetie, now, we have to look at your parent's will. And then we will decide where you go from there," she smiled sweetly.

    "D-don't put me in foster care...I won't go..." I said stubbornly. My life was changing too fast.

    "Nonsense, you're eighteen, aren't you? You're too old," she smiled. I breathed a sigh of relief. Throughout all of the heartbreak I reverted back to my younger self; someone who needed so much love and attention to get through her troubles. The thought that I would never have it again was scary, and it forced more tears to rush to my eyes.

    The nurse noticed this and wiped them away before they could fall. She smiled softly at me before motioning for me to follow her. She led me to a meeting-like room on the second floor. Across from me was a smiling women with two pieces of paper spread out in front of her.

    "Now hun, I know you're parents just died, but we gotta look and see who gets what, okay?" the new lady across from me said, her smile only widening. She made me angry; how can anyone smile when dealing with a person who faced something as awful as me?

    "Now, I looked over this, and it looks like everything goes to you. The house, the money, the cars, everything. You might want to go through everything and see what you want and what you don't. The house is all paid off, and so is the car, so no need to worry about that. Everything is your's," she said, her voice getting a bit softer. I just nodded; there was no way real words were coming out of my mouth.

    "Is that all?" the nurse that had led me there asked.

    "That's all," the new lady replied, smiling brightly as she stood and exited the room.

    "You can go home now, sweetheart. It won't do you any good to stay here. The policemen that brought you here will take you back," the nurse sighed, stroking my hair back as I thought about everything that had happened. I nodded, standing up only to be met with the face of the policeman who had brought me here. He was the only one with a somber face.

    "Ready, kiddo?" he asked softly, trying to see if I could force a smile onto my face. I couldn't, and proceeded to just nod as I focused on not crying again.

    "Oh wait, sweetie! Your uncle offered for you to move in with him! He said he felt so awful, he wants to make it up to you!" the nurse called after you as you began to walk out. Your blood boiled at the mention of the uncle who's truck killed your parents. You turned around slowly, glaring at the nurse despite how nice she had been to you.

    "I will never move in with someone like him...I will never forgive that bastard and what he did to my family...He killed them, his own brother...That is not my uncle, but a cold-blooded monster," I practically growled at her before turning around and following the police out.

    I saw the horrified look that I left on the nurse's face, but at this point, I couldn't care less.
_______________________________

Yay, three parts in one night! I hope you guys enjoy this story as much as I enjoy writing it!