Answers

You'd think that at least one of us would have stumbled across this farmhouse before, given that we'd spent most of our lives in this town. However, even though it was only around twenty minutes away from Jean's place, it was very clearly isolated from the town itself.

The wooden building was old and battered and looked like it hadn't been used in years. Part of me thought that must mean that our lead was wrong and that we were just grasping at something that wasn't even there. Another part of me, though, thought that it made it all the more of a perfect place for Oluo to do whatever it was he had been doing. Either way, it was still worth checking out.

Besides, there was no way Jean was going to let this go.

He started searching the area as soon as he had gotten out of the car. The doors to the farmhouse were closed shut with a lock holding them together. If it were to come to it, we probably could have easily made it inside by breaking a hole in the walls. Thankfully, though, that didn't seem to be necessary.

I couldn't tell if it was intentional or not. Maybe Oluo had done it for easier access, or maybe it was simply because the building was old and weak, but there was a gap around the back of the house already. It was large enough for me and Jean to go through, giving us free entrance to the inside.

Unsurprisingly, the interior was about just as beaten down as the exterior. It was mostly just filled with stacks of hay and some wooden barrels. There were a few crates scattered around, too, but nothing that seemed too out of the ordinary.

"So, you think this place could be connected to everything somehow?" I asked, glancing around as I walked inside.

"I think it's possible this is where Oluo really took your friend after that party. Maybe he took Marco here, too," he mumbled, before furrowing his brows together slightly. I followed him over to the main doors, watching as he crouched down. "Either way, someone has definitely been here. There are tire tracks on the floor."

I looked down, noting that there were, indeed, tire tracks. It was definitely intriguing, to say the least. If the Bozado's were still using this place, then you'd think that they'd do it up a little. It wasn't like they didn't have the money for it.

"Maybe this is where he comes to do drug deals," I suggested.

"No. Reiner doesn't care enough to travel all the way out here for a deal," he said, standing up straight again and continuing to walk around the area. "Anyway, don't you remember those texts? Most of them mentioned Oluo coming to Reiner whenever he wanted something."

"I guess you're right."

We continued surveying the area, then, but there really was nothing in plain sight to be found. It made no sense - why would Mr Bozado need to own some farmhouse away from any residents? And why was someone coming here so recently?

If Jean was right about Oluo bringing Krista here after that party... God, I didn't even want to think about what he might have done to her out here. There would have been no witnesses to it, that's for sure.

"Holy fuck. Eren, you need to come check this out."

I didn't say anything as I made my way over to where Jean was standing. My eyes widened as soon as I saw what he had found, and I slowly crouched down to swipe some of the loose hay off to the side.

Hidden on the floor was a large metal hatch of some sorts. Similarly to the main doors, it had a large padlock keeping it shut. Though, unlike the rest of the property, it looked completely brand new. The family had probably spent a fortune on it, which, really, wasn't any surprise. Still, it was odd that they'd kept it hidden all the way out here...