Redo

Jean and I got in his car, sitting in silence as he drove. I didn't know where exactly he was planning on going , I just guessed he probably wanted to be anywhere but at home.

I was still trying to figure out the best way to tell him about what I had found in Nile's files. I needed to tell him about the cameras in his house as well, but I knew that wouldn't make his mood as bad as him finding out Marco hooked up with Reiner would. 

"Are you just gonna sit in silence or are you gonna tell me what you found?" Jean asked, still smiling a little as he glanced over in my direction. God, I really didn't want to wipe that smile off his face.

I knew I had to, though.

"I think Marco hooked up with Reiner," I said simply, the words coming out as an uncertain mumble.

Jean's brows furrowed, his expression immediately changing to one of annoyance. There was no point telling him about the cameras now. It was best to try to stay on the topic of Marco.

"The hell are you talking about? They barely even knew each other, there's no way they had sex."

I held back a sigh, finally picking up the courage to actually look at him as I spoke."Look, I know you think that but maybe there were some things in his life which he just never told you about. I really think that-"

"You didn't know him, though, Eren," he snapped, his grip tightening on the steering wheel as he looked over at me. "I don't care what you think. Marco wouldn't lie to me like that, okay? Whatever-the-fuck you found in those files doesn't prove that they were together in any way."

"Jean, I know you don't want to believe it but that doesn't make it any less true," I said, leaning forward slightly as I spoke to him. "What about Marco's bracelet? This would explain why Reiner has it," I added, biting down on my lip as I waited for a response.

He just stared straight ahead, staying silent for a few more moments before making a sound that was a mix of a sigh and a groan. He glanced around the road before doing a U-turn, refusing to look at me as he continued driving.

"Reiner will be at the diner now. We can take a look in his RV so I can prove that you're wrong."

~

It wasn't long before he was parking opposite Scouts, not even waiting for me to catch up as he got out of the car and crossed the road to the parking lot beside the diner. I walked quickly behind him, watching as he went up to the building and peaked through one of the windows.

"Reiner is in there. Knowing him, he's probably left the RV unlocked, so we can easily check it out without him finding out," he told me before turning around and heading to the vehicle. 

He tugged on the handle, the corners of his lips briefly turning up into a smug grin when he was able to open it. He only opened it about an inch or so before closing it again, glancing around the area as he did. After a moment of looking, he walked off to behind the diner, taking less than a minute before returning.

He was holding a large bone in his hand, and only ended up saying something about it after a raised a brow at him. 

"Reiner has a psycho dog. If you don't want to get your hand bitten off, then I'd suggest you throw this once I open the door," he said, holding the bone out to me.

I rolled my eyes, taking the bone from him and moving to stand to the side of the door. Of course, Reiner had a dog that tried to bite any strangers. I honestly wasn't even surprised.

Jean looked over at me, giving a small nod as he met my gaze before opening the door. As soon as there was enough room, the dog was out of there, and I immediately threw the bone to the other side of the parking lot before it could get any closer to me. Luckily, the bone trick worked and the dog ran off and stayed where the bone had been thrown to chew on it.