Discovery

A/N
This fanfiction was inspired by and based on the video game 'Life is Strange'! Enjoy!

~

"What the hell?"

I could barely hear myself over the sound of the rain crashing down like waves and the wind thrashing against me. My head was pounding as I looked around the woodland area, the trees being blown around all too easily by the harsh gales, and I struggled to stay standing where I was. I brought my arm up to my forehead in an attempt to block out the harsh winds, though it did very little to help.

The thought of how I got there didn't even cross my mind, my thoughts instead being too preoccupied with worry and fear and wonder of how the hell I was going to get out of the damn place.

I looked around myself in a desperate attempt to find some safety, managing to catch sight of a lighthouse a little off in the distance from where I was.

It will be safer in there. I just need to reach the lighthouse, then I will be safe.

With my arm still over my face, I started making my way up the seemingly-impossible-to-climb slope. I managed to follow the clearing out of the woodland area, leaving myself near the edge of a cliff with the lighthouse I had spotted before not too far away. 

With the trees no longer blocking my view, I managed to get a clear view of the ocean. I felt my heart stop as I looked over, my fear easily being replaced with dread. This can't be real, this can't be real...

I took a few steps back, my eyes still wide as I looked over at the unbelievably massive tornado that was heading toward the beach from the ocean. It was so unreal. It looked like something straight out of a movie...

"Shit!" I gasped, hiding my face in my arm as a boat that had been carried up by the tornado smashed into the lighthouse, causing the top to fall down in my direction. There wasn't even any time to move, and I sucked in a breath of air as I waited for the pain that was sure to come...

Except nothing happened, and as I snapped my gaze back open to find out why nothing had happened, I instead found myself sitting at my desk in the middle of class. I slumped forward, confusion running through me as I rested my head in my hands. Whatever words my teacher was saying weren't being registered, and it took me a few moments to bring myself back into reality.

What the hell was that- a nightmare? Only I couldn't remember falling asleep, and no one was looking at me as though I had just woken up. Fuck, maybe I just hadn't been getting enough sleep and I was now daydreaming or something. It must have been a dream, right? Still, it felt so damn real...

I sank back in my seat, a deep sigh slipping past my lips as I managed to calm myself down. I was fine, I was okay, I was safe in my classroom. Well, as safe as you could be with people like Petra Ral in your class. I looked over at her, only to catch sight of her throwing a crumpled up piece of paper at Krista. God, how could such a kiss-ass be such a bully? Asshole.

 I rolled my eyes, dropping my gaze down to my camera and biting down on my lower lip as a thought pushed its way up to my mind.

After what just happened with the whole 'dream' situation, maybe it was a good idea to take a photo of myself - just to show that I was still here...

I grabbed my camera, not giving too much thought on Mr Ackerman or the rest of the class. I honestly couldn't care less about them in that moment. Besides, Ackerman seemed to have a bit of a soft spot for me.

Turning the camera around to aim it at myself, I ran my fingers through my hair before taking the shot. The image printed out instantly, and as I started shaking it Mr Ackerman cut off from what he was saying and directed his attention towards me.