Colors

Patrick and you sat in your backyard late at night. It was Spring break and you two decided to spend the night together, as friends. The sky and its stars at night was something he loved so much, just like the city...at night too. Being color blind since his birth, it was the only thing that he could cleary see. Without colors of course. He already told you so many times how he saw it. It was just completely dark, black, with splatters of white that sometimes were shining. You always found that cute when he told you that, because he always looks so excited of explaining something that you can see just like him. Though it seemed like it looked prettier in his point of view.

Patrick sighed and laid on his back, resting his head on his arms, "I think it's time that I tell you," He spoke up.

You brought your attention to him and gave him a confused look.

"I'm a fan of your universe."

You smiled at him, "What do you mean?"

He looked back up at the sky, "You know how I see the sky, right?"

You followed his gaze, "Yeah,"

"You're just like it." He said after a moment and you could feel his eyes on you, "And every shade that you offer, it's-it's different but I know it works, it's still the same thing."

You glanced down at your hand resting on the grass and saw Patrick's hand close to it, as if he was going to grab your hand but was too scared to.

"I'm adicted to the magic, of this," You looked at him to see he was looking at the sky again, "And the glow of the city lights," He waited a moment then added, "There's something I felt in my veins, I just- I didn't know how to say it right."

"Do you see me in black and white?" You asked him right after he finished his sentence.

You wanted to tell him so much more, but it was the only thing that you could say at the moment. You wanted to ask him if you were his light. If he needed you every day and night in this dark, colorless world he lived in.

Patrick looked you straight in the eyes and brought his hand closer to yours, "When I look at you," He started, "I-I see colors."

Everyone's got their own lights. And you were Patrick's. Some shine and some fade away. But you weren't going to leave his side anytime soon.

You laid down next to him and rested your head on your hands, "Do you see me in shades of grey?" You asked, still confused about what he just told you.

He wrapped his arm around you and brought you closer to him, "Eveytime I look at you, I see colors and they're changing. I don't really know if it's colors to be honest, since I've never seen them," He rested his head on yours, "Guess I see you in black and white. But really bright lights."

You smiled at the way he was trying to put all of this into words and snuggled closer to his chest. After that, everything was quiet for a moment. And it was just you and him, laying in the dark and in complete silence. You wanted to stay like this forever.

His chest vibrated as a nervous chuckle passed his lips, "I guess what I'm trying to say is that," He bit his lower lip and you looked up at him with your eyebrows raised as if to tell him to finish what he was saying, "Is that I love you."

You smiled and leaned closer to his face, pressing your lips to his.