The "I" In Lie - part 1

A/N: again, an imagine that was inspired by a song.

Patrick was walking alone in the streets of Chicago, late for a meeting. He was walking through a crowd of people to get to the pedestrian crossing and when he got in front of the road, he bumped his shoulder to a girl next to him. He turned his gaze to her to apologize but no words came out of his mouth, except, "I...I..."
"You?" The girl asked, her eyes brows knitting in confusion.
"I'm sorry." He blushed and looked down at his feet. "This girl..." He thought, "Damn, what's happening to me? Sweaty hands? Hearbeat going crazy?"

Soon, the light turned green and all the pedestrians started walking to the other side of the street. As Patrick was at the other side, him and the girl took different ways. He look down at his wedding ring, closed his eyes and stopped to breathe for a moment "One...two...three..." he heaved a long sigh, "Is she worth it?" He asked himself as he opened his eyes. He then turned on his heels and started running toward the girl.
As he started to see her, he stopped running and walked toward her while taking off his wedding ring. He tapped on her shoulder and she turned around.
"Hey, hum...I...it's really weird but...I saw you and...I thought you were really pretty." He said.
She blushed and brushed the hair out of her face, "Thank you. You are really pretty too." She responded shyly.
He blushed, "I'm Patrick." He extended his hand out.
"I'm Y/N." The girl/you replied as you took his hand and shook it.
"Can I offer you a drink?" He asked.
"Uh yeah, why not." You said.
"Perfect!" He exclaimed.
"Yeah." You took a pen out of your purse and then took his hand, writing your phone number on it, "Call me." You said as you walked away.
Patrick looked at his hand, "I'll sure call you." He murmured as he smiled.

Later that week...

Patrick called you the next day and invited you to a nice little bar in Chicago. You ordered your drinks and started talking.

"So, tell me more about you." He said as he took a sip of his drink.
"Well, I'm a single mother who works in a small company in Chicago." You said then took a sip of your drink too.
"Oh you have a kid?" He asked, a big smile on his face.
"Yes. His name's Leo, he's ten years old." You smiled.
"And what happened to his dad? I mean, did you two divorce or...?"
"Yeah, we married young, it was a mistake. We got married at eighteen, mostly because I was pregnant. Then when Leo was born, he left us."
"I'm sorry." Patrick said as he placed his hands on yours.
"And you? Tell me more about you." You said, trying to imitate his voice.
He laughed, "I'm a musician and I'm making my first solo album. I was in a band before but, I want to do my own stuff now."

The night went on and you two kept talking, you were getting along really well. After a few drinks and mostly three hours spent in this bar. Sense he was dark out, you decided it was time to go and called a taxi. You walked out of the bar together and waited for the car to arrive.

"It was really nice talking to you tonight. We should do that again." He said.
"Yeah totally." You smiled.
The taxi arrived and parked in front of you. You walked toward the car, opened the door but before you entered the car, you said "You know, Leo is at one of his friend's tonight. You want to come home with me?" You asked with a little smirk.
"Yeah, of course." He replied. You then entered the taxi and the driver started to drive away. He grabbed your hand and leaned closer to kiss you on the lips. You smiled in the kiss. After a few seconds he pulled away and rested his forehead on yours, "Lets finish this at my house." You whispered against his lips.