You and I were fireworks - Part 1

Patrick's POV

As most of my summer break days since I became friend with him, I spent the all day with Pete Wentz, my best friend. He was playing a game on my Xbox, sitting on the ground and leaning against my bed as I was sitting on it, wondering whether or not I should ask my other best friend that I've had feelings for, for about a year now, to come hang out. I sat there, crossed legs and staring at the screen of my phone in my hands.

"Hey, are you listening to me?"

I snapped my head to face Pete and saw him looking at me a little bit annoyed, "Oh sorry, why did you say?" I asked, putting my phone aside.

Pete looked at my phone for a few seconds before standing up and looking at me, "What were you doing on your phone?"

He tried to reach for my phone but I grabbed his arm before he could, "Nothing."

He jerked my hand away and took my phone in his possession, he somehow unlocked it, "Oh you wanted to text Y/N." He smirked.

"You know my password?" I exclaimed, standing up as well and taking my phone back.

"Well, you've had a crush on Y/N for like a year, I just guessed it was her name." He shrugged.

I blushed and looked down.

"Want some help with her?"

"What do you mean?" I looked up at him.

"You want her to be your girlfriend or not?" He told me.

I looked away, playing with my phone, "Well, yeah." I muttered.

"Give me your phone."

I reluctantly gave it to him and sat back on my bed. After a few minutes, he threw my phone on my lap and put his coat on, "You have a 'date' with her tomorrow. And now I have to go, sorry. Bye dude." He said and left my house.

My eyes widened when he told me that. I looked down at my phone to see the messages he sent her.

Me : Hey, wanna hang out at the park tomorrow?

Y/N : Why not, that'd be fun!

Me : 4pm?

Y/N : I can't, but tomorrow night maybe?

Me : Okay, so 6:30 then?

Y/N : Okay!

I can't believe he did this. But to be honest, that's pretty cool.

Y/N's POV

I was hanging out with a friend, we were talking about boys and stuff like that then she brought up Patrick. I guessed it made me blush cause she looked at me with a smirk and said "Oooh, Y/N has something for Stumpy?"

I looked away, still blushing, "Stop acting like you don't know."

"Yeah, sorry." She laughed, "I just like teasing you, it's fun."

"Well, it's not that nice." I chuckled.

"Want some help with him?"

"What? No! I...I can do it myself." I said, but I know it wasn't the truth, I was too scared to confront him about my feelings.

"Come on. We both know you can't. Let me help you." She said and showed me her hand so I would give her my phone.

I took my phone in my hand and as I was about to give it to her, I received a message from Patrick, "Wait, he just sent me something."

Patrick : Hey, wanna hang out at the park tomorrow?

"He wants to hang out. What do I reply?" I said, looking up at her.

"Give me your phone." She gestured for me to give it. I did what she said then she started typing something. I moved closer to her and looked at what she was telling him.

Me : Why not, that'd be fun!

After a few seconds, he replied.

Patrick : 4pm?

Me : I can't, but tomorrow night maybe?

"Why did you say that? Four pm is perfect!" I said.

"You'll know why I said that." She said and sent okay at Patrick when he gave another hour. She gave me my phone back and stood up, "It's getting late, I have to go now. See ya!" She hugged me then left my house.

I looked at the texts on my phone and sighed of relief, I was finally going to have some time alone with Patrick.