XXVI: la bonne nouvelle

older - birdy

It's been three months since Harry told me he loved me, and one month into my sophomore year here at the Institute of Fine Arts.

Settling into my second year was smoother than I had expected it to be. To my surprise, it hadn't seemed like any rumors of Harry and I being together were floating around. I guess the money Harry sent Brooke was enough to keep her mouth shut for good.

The class had started. I had managed somehow to claim the same seat as last year for Visual Art.

"Okay, let's get things started." Harry said as he carried his laptop to his desk. He took the pencil from behind his ear and put it in his back pocket. He picked up a stack of papers with one hand. My eyes were locked on his arms. For some reason they were just so nice to look at.

"By now, it should be no news to you that your Pre-Unit Analyses for this year's Pottery Unit should be handed in already. I will not be accepting anything after five pm today." Harry said abroad.

"Other then that, I have some pretty exciting news to share with you all. There will be an upcoming trip that will commence near the end of next month. And it's quite spectacular." Harry continued as he shuffled through a pile
of papers on his desk.

"Professor Golias, and myself will be hosting a twelve day trip to Paris, France in which we will be seeing museums such as The L'ouvre, Musée D'orsay, The Pompidou, and a couple more." Harry said. My eyes lit up like lanterns. Was he serious? People began to chat. Everyone seemed ecstatic about this upcoming trip, but not half as much as I was.

"This trip will be incredibly advantageous for you all- if you are able to come. Not only is it a great experience to travel to some of the most famous museums in existance; it is incredibly beneficial for young artists to get a good look at where legends have had their works held so they can have a deeper understanding of what makes art great." He continued. But all that I was hearing was that I was finally going to Paris. It was a dream come true.

"I know this is an opportunity you won't want to miss. It has come to my attention that there are certain students.." Harry paused and made eye contact with me.

"...that are very fond of Paris and have always wanted to go. Understandably so- It is a beautiful, timeless city. I'm going to hand out the wavers and forms. Please hand these in along with the funds. The amount to be payed is listed on the form. I would like them to be returned before the end of next week to either myself or Professor Golias. Thank you. The rest of this period is designated for those who have not finished the Analyses yet." He finished. I was internally screaming. I had to hold in my excitement. I glanced over to Harry who was at his desk. He found me staring and I flashed him a smile. He winked at me, and then proceeded to continue doing work at his station. The class broke out into its regular brouhaha. I plugged in my headphones to drown out the sound.

I was already finished the Pre-Unit Analysis... So I spent the rest of this period painting so we could have yet another artwork finished for the Upper-Hall.

--

When class was dismissed, I purposely stalled until everyone had left the classroom. I closed the door and locked it after the last boy had collected his things and exited.

I fiddled with my thumbs before turning around and running towards Harry. I pulled him in for a hug and squealed like a little girl.

"I'm guessing you are pretty happy about all of this." Harry chuckled as he swung me back and forth between his arms.

"Happy? I am more than happy, Harry." I smiled at him. "How long has this planning been going on?"

"Since July." He replied.

"How did you manage to keep it from me?" I chuckled.

"It was incredibly hard. But I wanted it to be a surprise." He answered as he kissed my cheek. "This however isn't exactly how I wanted out trip to Paris to pan out." He frowned.

"What are you talking about? This is incredible. I'm still going to be with you, Harry. I don't need anything more. I'm so thankful that you've done this." I smiled.

"I will still take you to Paris when it's just you and me. I promise, darling." He said softly into my ear.

"Harry-"

"And I am covering all the costs of everything, before you try to take things into your own hands. I know you would have if I didn't tell you."

"Harry, you spoil me." I blushed. I honestly did not know how to react to all of this.

"Anything to make my baby girl happy. I just want you happy." He repeatedly kissed my cheek, then moved down to my neck.

"Our late night McDonald's dates make me happy, Harry. When you make me breakfast, I'm happy. When you sing in the car with me, I'm happy. It doesn't take a lot to make me happy, Harry. I just need you by my side and I'm all set." I grinned at him. His smile was hypnotizing.

"I love you so much, baby. I hope you know that, and I hope you know how happy you make me." Harry said as he held me close to his body. I hope he knew how happy he made me. I never got tired of him speaking. I could listen to his deep, raspy voice on repeat forever.

"I love you." I pecked his lips. "We should get working right away, though. We need to get as much of this project done before the trip. I'll call Maddie, Alice, and Bella so they can get to work as well."

"You're right, let's get to work darling."