III: the reunion

As soon as I got home from school, I called Maddie, Bella, Alice and arranged a get together at my apartment. Just because I feel like we haven't all hung out in a while. I ordered a cheese pizza shortly after I called them so they would arrive at about the same time the pizza would.

In less than twenty minutes, I heard a knock at my door. As soon as I opened it, I was welcomed with high-pitched laughter and the smell of drugstore perfume that I've come to know and love. We were embraced in a group hug as soon as they walked through the door.

"You guys! I can't believe how much I've missed you." I said happily.

"You've missed us? Do you know how much we've worried about you? We haven't really heard from you since September when you moved out! We were thinking your mom's wrath had killed you or something." Bella said jokingly.

"It's honestly not the same without you Lass, the apartment we all used to stay at? Yeah, we kept your room exactly how you left it. Nobody is allowed to go in there except us when we have people over." Alice added.

"Our guard dog misses you so much. It's irritating actually. At night, Wiskie would cry and cry until we opened your door and let him sleep on your bed. It was pathetic!" Maddie joked.

Hearing their laughter and their jokes made everything seem so much better.

"Okay guys. So I need to catch you up." I said sternly. They all stopped their talking and shifted their focus to me politely.

"So you all said yes to this project. Each of you will probably need to make about ten pieces each. If that sounds like too much you can always find someone else who has already created something, and wants their work to be on display. Just run it by me or Mr. Styles first. Okay?" I asked. They all nodded in agreement.

"Hold on. The teacher running this is.. Mr. Styles?" Alice's eyes were wide as she spoke.

"Mhm." I said as I walked over to the fridge to grab some water. I knew why she was asking. But I tried to pretend I didn't.

"Why do you ask Alice?" I questioned her, and took a sip from my glass. As if I didn't already know the answer.

"Oh, it's not a problem. He's just really hot." Alice shrugged. There was the answer I was expecting. The room filled with chuckles and nods of agreement. I was uncomfortable, because inside, I agreed.

"Oh my god. Once, Mr Nitsam asked me to get some sort of lesson sheet from Mr. Styles, and I didn't knock on his door before entering so I walked in on him changing shirts because he had paint all over the other one. He has tattoos of swallows on both collarbones. His arms and torso are all inked up as well if you were ever wondering. Anyways, I was so scared, I slammed the door and ran away!" Bella laughed. She sounded like a child.

Our laughter was interrupted by another knock on the door. I grabbed my wallet and walked over to open it. I was greeted by a boy who looked to be around my age. I wasn't expecting anyone attractive to be delivering my pizza, so I was taken aback.

"Delivery for Alaska?" He said with a smirk.

"That's me, here. I have twenty you can keep the change." I said as I attempted to pull out a twenty dollar bill from my wallet. Just as I did so, the man looked at his watch and looked back at me.

"Oh miss, that won't be necessary. Our policy is if we don't deliver the pizza within twenty minutes, it's on the house. " He said as he passed over the pizza.

"And here is your receipt. Have a lovely day." He smiled, and that was it. I said thank you, and closed the door.

Before anything else, I checked my phone for the time. I ordered pizza at 5, and it wasn't even quarter past yet. Was free pizza his way of flirting with me? I suddenly felt blood rush to my cheeks.