Introduction/Prologue

The usual blue moonlight gleam seemed to protect itself with a veil of clouds this particular night from the dark ways of the world that would soon occur. A house built over 300 years ago stood tall over the land, much could be seen from the tower. The house belonged to William Whiteridge who had inherited the title Duke from many generations before him, his wife named Titania was his beloved, who he had loved for his entire childhood was now his wife for 7 years. 

They lived together happily with their nearing 3-year-old daughter who they named Rosa, she however was known as Row by the household for short, her name meant beautiful flower and she was indeed that. None were happier than they until an autumns evening where the land seemed to become eerily quiet; the last song of the birds was not to heard, the fading voices of villagers leaving the fields late at night were never identified. 

The silent footsteps of the remaining staff tending to the house was all that could be heard. The chamber of the couple who were so in love bid each other goodnight. "Goodnight my dear" William kissed his wife on the forehead as they did every night. "Goodnight Will, before you come to lay down please can you check on Row, she was very sensitive today and Hunith is caring for her but just to put my mind at ease". "Of course, Titania anything for you and our precious flower".

Walking to the nearby room where his darling little girl was, the little creak of the door raised the attention of the little girl's carer who had just put her to sleep. Her simple brown dress with its tied white apron was creased from the position she had to sit in, in order to put the crying child to sleep. "My Lord, your daughter sleeps soundly." She sent a soft smile to him. "Thank you Hunith for all you have do-". Williams thank you was interrupted by the sound of the warning bell from the courtyard, pacing toward the clouded window an army of men with fire torches were advancing towards the house.

The flag of Kavan was clearly held as they approached the Stronghold of the Duke of Whiteridge, his men already forming ranks to hold back the forces of his foe. "Hunith! You must get Rosa out of here use the secret passage in the library it will give you a clear path back to your village without being seen as there is the coverage of trees! Do you understand me! I must get my wife and then I will join you meet at your home in Ealdor! Take this just in case", William quickly took of his seal that was carefully engraved onto the large golden ring and placed in the hand of his dear friend. "Yes, my Lord I will go straight away! William take care" with that Hunith picked up the sleeping child and cradled her to make sure the commotion outdoors would not wake her up.

The defences were down now they would get their wish to ruin a trusted noble man of Uther Pendragon. Running towards the bed chamber he found his wife held captive with a knife at her neck. Her captor revealed as a woman, Titania's eyes were filled with fear and tears could be seen forming. "So, you must be the infamous Duke of Whiteridge, William, isn't it?" her cold eyes continued to watch my every move. "I am the Duke yes, now let my wife go!" the anger in his voice seemed to startle Titania but nothing affected the evil woman on the other side of the room. Her forced laugh held satisfaction in it "Of course I will, but first let me introduce myself and explain the reasoning of my visit to you. My name is Argona Lamia, I am a known sorcerer in these lands and I behold powerful dark magic. Your King and friends have deeply wronged the likes of me and I am the one who is going to bring fear and regret to the land. I am sure you know many other nobles have fallen from my wrath and you sir as well as the family you have are to see my wonders too. Your wife, your daughter and you Duke William of the well-known lands of Whiteridge will die from the flames and there is no escaping. Enjoy your last moments together as a family!" laughing again.

Argona then spoke some kind of spell in an ancient tongue which neither William or Titania could understand. His dear wife fell to her knees shaking in fear. "Where is she! Where is Rosa!" Will was instantly by his wife's side and took her into his warm embrace. "She's fine, she got away, I saw them coming and Hunith has escaped with her". A sign of relief escaped the lips of Titania and said to her husband "Will, I have always loved you and will never stop, but I will never be able to say it enough times now, your gentle embrace, your soft eyes and calm voice but most of all your loving heart will always be dear to me! I will never stop loving you!" "Nor I my daring, you are the only one I ever loved, always remember that". They shared a passionate kiss before the sudden burst of flame that would be their destiny together appeared, smoke engulfed the room and yet they never let go of one another to escape, knowing Rosa was safe was their last consoling thought before the fire reached them. No survivors were found when the fire was eventually put out.

The only thing remaining of the once grand house was the young girl who escaped with Hunith and the tales from their families past that would soon die out just as the house did with all its history. Although her mother and fathers adventure together ended hers was just beginning and she would be a part of a destiny bigger than she could ever imagine!