Difficult (Dirk Strider x Male!reader; Homestuck)

Start from the beginning

Why he didn't tell him through the phone, he doesn't know and much less care about it. The man was still groggy and sleep-deprived from the many daydreams- scratch that, from the stress he built up in the past few months of schooling.

After more grumbling and countless steps, the adolescent finally reached the door leading to his destination. He took a breather then opened the wooden door, slamming it shut after.

Like the big shot Dirk is, he stood there with his back turned to him. His hair swaying from the cool breeze. His arms limp on his sides and his hands clenched into fists. Judging by his silhouette, he wore his white shirt, with the print of an orange baseball cap in the center, and his black jeans- his usual clothes.

"Hey, Strider. What's the deal with waking me up at midnight?" (Name) yawned, stretching then walking towards Dirk. Said blonde turned to face him and waited until he was a foot away from him.

Dirk had to hold down a blush at how impossibly adorable the guy is. His (e/c) eyes gleaming in the moonlight, his short, (h/c) hair ruffled and messy from the wind, and the baggy clothing he calls pajamas. He bit his cheek, his heart pounding as he stared at (Name), the one guy he undeniably liked years back. He could say he loves him.

But he knows he's straight, so he couldn't really do anything.

He figured as much when he tried to make him jealous by dating other girls, hiding his sexuality at the same time. He would hold hands with them, kiss them, go on dates, but he wouldn't stoop so low as to do the do with them.

The poor guy was only trying to find a reaction out of him, only to end up getting the title of a playboy and (Name) being disappointed in him. It made him aggravated, to the point that he just gave up on dating girls to make him jealous and straight up confess to him.

But he has to ask him for "advice".

"Sorry about that." He shifted, his right foot supporting his weight as his hands hid themselves in his jean pockets. "Just- Any ideas for a confession?"

"Dirk, you moron. What are you telling him?!" He internally slapped himself, regretting the words he spoke to (Name). He swore he saw his eyes widen, but it disappeared as soon as it came. "Well," (Name) pursed his lips, looking down at the floor in thought.

That's what he thinks anyway.

(Name) felt his heart shatter at how Dirk asked him for a confession. Of all people, it had to be him. He looked down, afraid Dirk would see his lip tremble and his eyes water. He took a shaky breath, shut his eyes tight and-

Dirk almost jumped when his head shot up to give him a goofy grin.

Not the reaction he expected.

"Well, it's best if you just give the person a favorable present and confess personally." Dirk
watched as he fidgeted and coughed.

"Is that all?" Dirk asked, an eyebrow quirked and subconsciously leaning closer to the awkward male in front of him.

"Y-yeah." (Name) nervously chuckled, taking a few steps back. "I'll see you tomorrow, Strider. And good luck."

Dirk gave him a nod and waved as the boy left to go back to his own home. He gave it some thought, but he never noticed the tears streaming down (Name)'s cheek and his slumped figure as he longed for the comforts of his bed.

Both of them needed some time alone.

**

(Name) looked at himself in the mirror. He observed that his hair is its usual messy style and his eyes look as if he's never cried last night. Taking a deep breath, he willed himself to go to school in spite of the risks of seeing Dirk.

Dirk Strider with a girl affectionately clinging to and nuzzling his arm.

He pictured it in his head. Forcing himself not to sputter and sob, he grabbed his backpack and rushed down the stairs. Luckily, he lives alone and his parents are out of the country for a while so he gets the house to himself.

The (h/c)ette sullenly opened the door and was shocked at the sight that greeted him in the morning.

Speak of the devil.

It was Dirk, standing in front of the door with his hand behind his back and the other paused mid-knock. (Name)'s mouth forms an o and he voices out his thoughts. "Yo Strider. You never go here early in the morning so, what?"

Dirk didn't know what to say, frozen when the door was opened without warning. His raised hand went up to his mouth and he awkwardly coughed. "Do you remember what you said last night? About a confession?"

He raised an eyebrow, but nodded, urging him to continue. "Well, I'm not gonna fuck around anymore and tell you already."

"Don't screw this up, you're a Strider. Do not. Fucking screw up." The blonde otaku chanted in his head and he revealed a (favorite character aside from the Homestuck cast) keychain. "I've liked you since..." He lost his cool, forgetting the speech he planned in his head before approaching the door to (Name)'s house.

"You know what? Fuck it. I'll just show you, (Name)."

With that, he caught the other male by surprise by cupping his face and kissing him straight on the lips.

Hell, even calling him by his given name was a surprise.

Let's just say they were boldly holding hands by then, the keychain Dirk bought for (Name) hanging on his backpack. They never cared about what other people thought, as long as they were together.

And nothing can change that, no matter what the circumstances are.

***********

Okay, so.... hi XD I decided to publish this from my dA account (AnimeAngel143) along with two more coming up right after this; one of them finished and published just now too. I might publish some of my one-shots on Quotev too, but I'm still weighing the decision right now.

I'm sorry for the hiatus. I've lost inspiration and I have zero ideas until now. I'm gonna do my best to keep updating ^^

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this!