EPILOGUE: SAY YOU WON'T LET GO

"I knew I loved you then

But you'd never know

Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go

I know I needed you

But I never showed

But I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old

Just say you won't let go

Just say you won't let go"

(Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur)

Year: 2030

Damian Wayne

"Damian! Come on! Bruce and Diana will be home any minute!"

I turned towards the doorway to see Rachel standing by the front door, Arella in her arms. Our two- year old daughter gave a yell, as if backing up her mother. Rachel smiled. She hadn't changed much over the years, except for the fact that her dark hair had grown longer. She was currently five months pregnant with our next child, so her stomach protruded in front of her.

I had just gotten home from a long day at Wayne Enterprise, thankful that Diana managed to keep my father occupied a s I made a quick getaway to beat them home. It was father's fiftieth birthday, and everyone was here to celebrate. I spent the whole day receiving phone calls from Grayson, Asteria, and Rachel as they tried to prepare for the party. Apparently, the whole Justice League had been invited, including the retired members.

"Coming witch- girl!" I called back before turning to the black Labrador in front of me. "Come on, Titus. Time to go inside buddy."

Titus barked happily and trotted along to follow me. Rachel had given him as a gift to me after we graduated college. She gave me a kiss as I entered the house. "Welcome home."

"Thanks," I replied, also leaning in to give Arella a kiss. She reached her arms out as I pulled away, and I took her from her mom. "Is everyone already here?"

"Yup. They're all waiting in the dining hall," was the answer I got.

"Great," I replied, feeling a bit nervous. My family and the Justice League, all in one place together? I had a feeling we were going to have a lot of cleaning up to do after the party.

As soon as I entered the dining hall, I could see the efforts everyone had put in. The motif seemed to be black and gold, as those two colors stood out the most. They moved the long dining table and placed round ones all around the room. The round tables looked like they could seat a dozen people. The adults were mingling, while the kids were busy with their new gadgets.

When they saw me, they immediately came to greet me. "Uncle Damian!" Kate exclaimed, running towards me. She was growing up to look a lot like her mother, although she inherited Grayson's dark hair. Edward, her twin, also came forward to give me a hug. The Allen twins, who were only months older, were with them. Their blonde hair and green eyes made them look like tiny angels, but they had a speedster's mischievous personality. Yes, they had also inherited their father's speed, although Barry argued it had nothing to do with the genes. Apparently, the speed force simply favored the West- Allen family. Even Wally and Artemis's son, Kyle, had more than average speed.

After greeting them, I found the rest of the kids seated around a table where Lara, Dick and Asteria's second daughter, and Jonathan, Jade and Roy's second son, were battling it out in what appeared to be a very interesting game of chess. Their audience included Garnet and Erin, the daughters of Todd. Archer was also there, the younger brother of Kyle. He was watching over their younger sister, Tabitha, who had recently turned eight. She was the same age as Zeus, Drake and Cassie's oldest son. Both of them always played together. The other children of Drake were also there- Eros and Athena. Lastly, there was Andromeda Zor- El- Kara and Mon- El's daughter.

I raised an eyebrow as I approached. "So, whose winning?" I asked.

"Lara is," Jonathan grumbled in chagrin.

"It's alright buddy," I told him, patting his back. "At least you can admit defeat."

Rachel suddenly appeared next to me. "Your dad's home. I can feel his presence."

"We should get into positions, then," I replied.

"Lead the way, Mr. Wayne," Rachel said.

"Will do, Mrs. Wayne." I signaled for everyone to be quiet, and the room fell into a hushed silence. Grayson immediately went to shut off the lights, leaving us in total darkness, except for the dusky lights streaming in through the windows. Farther down the hall, I could hear Diana's voice, saying something about being hungry and hoping dinner was ready.

Just when I thought we were actually going to pull of the surprise, Andromeda suddenly gave a loud yelp. Before anyone could react, her laser vision blasted through the doors leading into the dining room. A beat of silence, then slowly, my father and Diana straightened out from their crouched position on the other side of the ruined door. "What the hell-" father began, a bit of dust now coating his immaculate shirt

"SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted, choosing to ignore what just happened. At least we did succeed in surprising my father. From the wide look in his eyes, he was not expecting to be blasted by laser vision on his birthday. "HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY BRUCE!"

All I could do was smile, as everyone cheered and brought the cake forward. Guess what? There was a statuette of Batman right at the top.

I loved my family.