Marvel Book

This is the first chapter of the fanfic I'm writing for Marvel. It'll include pretty much everyone (Avengers, Agents of SHIELD, X-Men and other surprises). The story will focus on Loki though (because I seriously love him). But I'm not confident about writing this book, so can you guys check it out first and tell me what you think? It will play a big part on me going through or not going through with this hahaha. Enjoy!!! 

CHAPTER 1:

I'm a Special Agent, Not a Babysitter

Time: 1900 Hours, EST

Location: Russia

The biting cold nipped at my skin, while warm blood trickled from my mouth.

I glared at the man in front of me as I wiped the metallic taste off my lips. "Agent Brooks, come in," the device in my ear suddenly came alive. Not bothering to reply, I tried to chase away the pain in my body by stretching my back and rolling my shoulders. The Hydra muscle head just grimaced at me in return.

"Didn't your mother ever tell you not to hit a lady?" I asked with a grin as I positioned myself into a fighting stance.

All I got was a grunt in return, before the guy came at me again. I guess they didn't like making conversation back at Hydra. Several of his comrades were already lying prone and unconscious on the floor. Of course, I was also sporting several cuts and bruises courtesy of them, but that didn't deter me from finishing my mission. Since the guy I was fighting was a lot bigger than me, I knew it would also mean he needed to exert more effort when he moved. Sooner or later, he was going to tire, and I just had to do my best to dance out of his way until I found an opening. However, the impatient people I worked for seemed to have other plans. "Agent Brooks, the Director wants you back at HQ. Do you copy? Extraction is on the way."

"Motherfucker," I cursed, more at the news than at the second hit my attacker dealt me. It felt like my jaw was going to come off its hinges. Feeling the familiar rage course through me, my features also hardened into a stony mask. "Alright, buddy. You've had enough fun."

After saying that, I delivered a swift kick to his groin, left unprotected due to the fact that his fists were raised to defend his face. And let's be honest, he wasn't even pretty to look at to begin with. Why the heck would he be more concerned with his face? He was too slow to block my low aim, and his face contorted in pain when my foot came in contact with the target.

As he began to crumple to the ground, I brought my leg around and delivered another kick to his head, rendering him unconscious. Breathing hard, I stared at the seven Hydra agents that were lying on the snow covered ground of Russia. Exhaling loudly, I finally pressed the watch on my wrist to reply. "This is Agent Brooks," I said, still panting from the fight. "I'm here. How long will extraction take?"

"ETA is ten minutes," came the familiar voice on the other end. After a pause, the voice asked almost nervously, "Did you get it?"

"Item is secure," I answered like a good soldier as I stared at the cargo box that caused me so much pain and trouble in one night. "I also have seven Hydra agents ready to be taken into custody."

Knowing the person on the other end, I could imagine her smiling as she said, "Good job, Jez. I'll see you as soon as you get back to base."

A smile of my own found its way to my lips. "Thanks, Daisy."

The line went dead, and I used the remaining time to round up the criminals that we now had to surrender to General Talbot. I produced zip ties from the pouch attached to my belt and got to work. Though they were already unconscious, it still took a lot of effort to move them, seeing they all weighed a ton. It was moments like these that I kind of wish I got Inhuman capabilities like Daisy. Super strength would've been really handy.