20

Read with the music. ( Yes Mateo did actually dance to this if you don't remember)

Mateo 🍓

I fix my tie in the mirror with tears staining my suit. I close my eyes and try to forget the image. My mind won't let me. Two weeks and 3 days, that's how long it's been without her.

Someone knocks on the door I lowly mumble for them to come inside. It's Ayleo, dressed in a matching suit with me. I turn back to the mirror and sniffle.

Ayleo comes over and turns me around giving me a bear hug. I let it all out and just bawl my eyes out. He pats my back repeatedly to try a calm me down.

" She.. it was to early for her to go." I manage to get out.

" I know bro. An innocent soul, but god wanted her." He let's go of me and we stand right in front of each-other.

It seems like it was yesterday that I was just with her in the hotel. She was sitting on my chest giggling and smiling.

I breathe in and out attempting to calm myself down. " Bro it's time. We gotta go downstairs."

I nod my head and wipe the rest of the reaming tears on my face. I take one last look at myself in the mirror before following Ayleo out the door and outside of the little building.

The entrance of the grave yard is full of people I don't know. But I will consider them family because they were hers.

Ayleo taps my shoulder to make sure I'm okay. I nod my head in approval before he goes and mixes into the crowd.

In the corner of my eye I spot a guy holding a little girl in his arms. She's adorable, dressed in a little black dress with white baby stockings and her hair fixed into a nice curly bun. The guy motions me over to him. I step completely off the stairs and follow his figure into another room.

" You probably don't know me but you've most likely heard about me. I'm Traeshaun Landgates. I was her ex boyfriend." He holds out his hand for me to shake. I take it and shake it and let go.

" This is Areah. Say hello Areah." He looks down at the child. She stares at me and lays her head down on his shoulder.

" This is.. you and Serenity's child?" I question.

" Oh god no. I wouldn't do that to her at the age that she was." He responds quickly. I nod my head and look back at the kid. I could of had a family with her.

" But um I just wanted to introduce myself to you. I'm not one of them crazy ass exs you feel me? I'm cool an collected."

" Thanks bro. You seem like you are. Shall we go back to the entrance? They are about to go and put her casket to rest." I ask. He nods his head and we turn to go back out to the main lobby.

The crowd hasn't died down yet. I see another person motioning for me to come to her. What's up with all these people man? I honestly don't want to be bothered. I say a bunch of excuse me's and thank yous as I finally get over to the girl.

She's short, skinny, and Carmel toned with long jet black hair. Her eyes are hazel, a beautiful color.

She holds her hand out, " Im April her big sister... in sure you have heard all about me." She manages to force a smile.