1

Serenity 🌸

My eyes scan over the flier over and over again. This is it. This could be my breakthrough for my dancing career. My hands tremble as i pick up the phone to dial the number on the paper. I bite my lip as the tone starts to ring.

" Hello this is Terrell speaking, are you calling for the audition to be a backup dancer." A monotone voice answers the phone. I nod my head yes and wait for a reply.

" Helloooo.. You there?" He says. I mentally face-palm myself for my lack of speech abilities. Of course he can't see me through the phone call.

I lean back on my white dresser, "'Yes I'm here.. And yes I am." I lift my hand up to look at my nails but realize I'm shaking more than ever. My heart seems to feel like it's poisoning through my chest.. Over one simple call.

" Aright can I get your full name, email and address?" The guy says. I give him all the information he needed and the line went silent for a few seconds. " Okay Ms. Serenity the audition starts tonight at 6. You are so lucky you called in right before we closed entries"

He's right. I thought about it all morning and lost track of time. " Yes Im sorry. It's because I'm so nervous. Thank you Mr Terrell..."

" You're very so welcome. Please follow the address on the flier and it will lead you to the place. Have a nice day." And with that he hung up the phone.

I let out a big sigh and slip my phone back into my black leggings. I did it, I'm actually going to audition. There was a slight knock on my door causing me to jump a little. The door opened revealing my big sister, April.

She creeps into my room with a big smile on her face. I stand up fully and shake my head while smiling. "Did you do it?"

" Yes I did it April. And I'm going to need you to drop me off tonight at 6.." I say as I walk to my bed and plop down on it it. I roll myself over on my stomach spread eagle style. The bed dipped in making me open on pre eye to see April right infront of my face.

" Oh my goodness! You're going to win, I just know it." She squeals. I roll my eyes and  lose them again. April is the type of girl who gets excited over any little thing. She's high spirited and bubbly, totally the opposite of me.

" Well, somebody is waiting outside the door for you. I'll leave you two alone."

I opened my eyes so quick but by the time I did she was out the door and a new person was coming in. I hide my smile and close my eyes again as he walks over. " Silly, I saw you open them you ain't sleep."

The bed dipped in again and a strong pair of arms pried my arms away from my face.  I open my eyes and bite my lip over and over again to prevent my smile. " No stop that. You happy to see me so smile." He says, showing his pearly whites.

I give in and smile while putting my head down again. " Trae why are you here?"

" Cause I can be. Why you don't like it"

" Where is your daughter at? Why you ain't bring her." I say trying to change the subject. Of course he knows I like him being here with me. " She's with my mom right now... What's this?"

I peek one eye open as I hear the shuffling noise of paper. Trae's eyes scans over it and then looks at me with a big smile. " Finally Ren! I really think this is your chance to get out there."