16

Serenity

Another day another dollar. I don't think I can take much more of this tour shit. It's stressing me to the max and I no longer feel like it's fun. But everything fun comes with consequences.. right?

" Hello.."

" What's wrong with you huh? You know I always gonna be there. Wassup with you.." His deep voice says into the phone.

" We are broken up. I don't know why you called me Trae."

" I called you cause you was all on ya Snapchat with them little breakup songs. Who broke your heart this time?" He chuckles.

" Welp you were the first one this year." I snap back.

" Aye aye no need for you to be all mean. I told you imma be there for you forever when we dated. Here's the time to be there for you."

The doorknob wiggles again and then anther bang on the door. " STOP. GO AWAY." I yell and roll my eyes.

" Serenity talk to me please. " I hear him through the door. I don't respond to him. Should of thought about that before he slept with her.

" Damn Ren. Who's that?" Trae laughs. I playfully roll my eyes and put the phone back on speaker.

" Nobody. Why are you taking to me right now? Thought being over was the end of it."

" You still ain't tell me who broke yo heart little girl." He jokes.

" The guy I was dating after you. I'm not naming names."

" That kid Mateo huh? He a heartbreaker." He laughs again.

I look at the phone in confusion. How did he know? " How you know about him."

" Ren you know I'm not the jealous type. You could of said his name. Tell lil nigga to act right for I come up there."

I smile, " Stop. I don't need you to. I just want somebody to talk to about everything. You know April be working her ass off to pay the bills."

" Yeah I know. She need money? You know I always got that. Getting that bread now." He says.

" Aww you know April ain't having it. Borrowing money from other people. " I laugh and shift myself on the bed so I'm on my stomach.

" Aha you right." He agrees. I somewhat miss our little talks we used to have.

" Anyways how's your career taking off. I saw ya video in an interview."

" Good Good. Waiting for basketball season to start again. You know I already was drafted. We practice on the regular now." He says.

" Aww. How's Areah?" I ask.

"... Her birth mom wants custody of her. So they set up some court dates again."

I roll my eyes at the thought of her. Skanky ass bitch. Why would you want custody of her now when you ain't want nothing to do with her? Just left my poor baby over his house and ain't never come back.