6

Serenity 🌸

Tomorrow is my first huge performance down in Orlando Florida. Supposedly there is supposed to be roughly around 3,000 people. I just hope I don't freeze up on stage.

" Mateo you can leave now." I groan. He leans back in the chair and shakes his head no with a angry face. I suck my teeth and look down at my hands again.

" I didn't mean too I'm sorry!" I mumble.

" But you did."

" But I didn't mean to. I didn't know it would break."

" But it did."

" Mateo stop. I'll pay for another one." I throw my hands up in defense. I'm honestly not going to argue with him for another 10 minutes.

" Your going to pay 6k for this?" He semi yells, holding the broken chain out. I jump at his voice and nod my head yes quickly.

" No your not. Because this was custom made for me. This gold chain with entrusted diamonds in it , that once had my name on it, is now broken because you decide to try and choke me with it." He angry says through gritted teeth.

" I was play fighting with you. You shouldn't have took some of my candy. I didn't know it would break like that. I'm sorry." I try and sound like I'm about to cry. Hoping that my acting skills would kick in.

" Serenity...FUCK BRUH YOU ALWAYS ON THAT BULLSHIT BRUH. WHO PLAYFULLY CHOKES SOMEONE?" He jumps up out his seat quickly and runs his hand through his hair.

" So-"

His body jerks around quickly, " Don't say that shit again. I'm tired of hearing it."

" Look I said I'll pay for it to be fixed. I promise." I hold out my pinky finger.

" The fuck does pinky swearing do? Nothing cause you can take that shit back whenever."

I slowly put my pink finger down. My heart sinks because of what was said. " Pinky swearing means everything to me Mateo. When I pinky swear it means something that I will do and won't break."

" WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD OF PINKY SWORE WITH MY CHAIN BEFORE YOU BROKE THE SHIT BRUH FUCK!" He throws the chain harshly across the room. Luckily it lands on his pillow.

The hotel room door opens and closes. Tears stream down my face as Ayleo walks into the scene. He closes the door slowly behind him then looks at me and then Mateo.

" What's happening here? Why is she crying." He runs his attention to Mateo with an angry look. I inhale and exhale deeply while sniffling hard. I don't even know why I'm crying at this point. I mean I really am crying over someone who yelled at me. Am I becoming soft..

" She broke my fucking chain Bruh.' He says, running his hands through his Afro hard. Ayleo sucks his teeth and starts to walk over to Mateo.

" If I ever catch you yelling at a female again bro it's me and you know sight. Got it?"

Mateo sucks his teeth and storms out of the room, slamming the door in the process. I wipe away the four tears that managed to escape my eyes and lean back on the couch.