-
Alex
-

"Is Tobin even going to have to do this?" Y/N asks and I roll my eyes.

"Are you Tobin?"

"No."

"Then don't worry about Tobin, you worry about you, Tobin worries about Tobin, at least for now. Now go. Trust me, you do this regularly and you'll thank me."

"How do you know? Do you do it?"

"Fuck no."

"Then how do you know I won't die?" Y/N asks and I sigh.

"Would I kill you?"

"No."

"Exactly." I say and Y/N sighs before starting on what I've got set up for her with a ball at her feet. When she finishes, she jogs back over to me and I look at her as she tries to stop. "Two more times." I say before she can even open her mouth to ask what next and watch her as she does it twice more and take her back into the gym to have her do some work with the larger medicine balls.

"Oh god, nope, no, Tobin, come on, we're going home." Y/N says when she sees the ball and I chuckle, stopping her by her collarbone, knowing her shoulders are sore, and that this would stop her in her tracks. "Ow, fuck. Okay, I'll stay," Y/N says and I nod.

"You know what to do on this, I'll do it with you just to make you feel better." I say and Y/N sighs, rolling her eyes.

"Thanks." She deadpans and I smile, setting my water down as well as my phone and watch her pick up the ball and work with her when she decides to start. Thirty reps later, I set the ball down and put Y/N on the treadmill for a while at half a speed higher than I know she can run. Come on, I'm not a jackass that would put it up three speeds higher, she'd hate me for that, that'd probably put her out for this season, I'm trying to help my friend, not hurt the Thorns.

"Alright, Y/N," I say as I approach the treadmill again and she glances over. "You can turn it off and get off. We're going to go outside and do full pitch sprints." I say and watch as Y/N silently gets off the treadmill and follows me outside.

"Are we really doing full pitch sprints?" Y/N asks after she finishes an entire 32 oz. bottle on her own.

"No."

"Then what are we doing?"

"Planks, crunches, etc."

"So you're not entirely sure yet."

"Exactly." I say and she sighs, getting up off of the bench, and nodding.

"So what first."

"Wow, I'm glad to see you not fighting it anymore." I say and Y/N sighs.

"I neither have the energy nor will power to fight with you anymore." Y/N says and I nod.

"Good to know." I say and look at Y/N as she lays on the ground on her back. "But let's start with planks."

"Just regular ones or the evil ones."

"The evil ones?"

"Yeah where you go from elbows to hands and repeat?"

"Yeah, we're doing those."

"Shit, alright." She says before rolling onto her stomach. "Wait, how many?"

"Uh, how many can you do?"

"Good question."

"We'll see as we go then." I say and she nods before starting. About a minute later, her arms start to get wobbly, so I tell her to stop and watch her roll onto her back and hold a full bottle over her, pointing the nozzle at her, smiling as she opens her mouth so I can squirt some water into her mouth, which I do, and all over her face and chest. It's not like I did it on purpose, it's just I have better aim with my feet than I do with a bottle of water. I set the bottle back down and help Y/N up. "Now you're doing the sprints." I say and she groans, but does them anyway, since the mess I made for Y/N's fitness course was cleaned up by some of the girls.