9

For once, I actually woke up in my bed. It was weird, because now I was always at Dylan's house or somewhere else by accident (Aka, parties). My parents had given up on trying to keep me home. It is my senior year, though. I should have some freedom, right?

Since fall break was coming up this weekend, my mom was going to take me to USC during the weekend, the college that I got accepted into.

I got ready for school, and surprisingly, Dylan was outside waiting for me in his car.

I hesitated. I wasn't sure if I should ride with him, but last night really changed my feelings for him...

Reluctantly, I got in his car. "Wow, I'm surprised you actually came in."

"What do you want?" I sighed.

"I wanted to talk about last night." He said. "That was the best night of my life in a long time. Jessica, I really miss us. We were so happy together..." He sighed.

"Until you cheated.." I mumbled.

"That was once. And I'm sorry, okay? You know I wouldn't do that anymore. I'm a changed man."

"Are you?" I looked at him.

"Look.. just think about it, okay?"

"Yeah, sure." I said. We had arrived at school, and I got out of the car quickly. But Dylan just sighed and stayed in there for a while.

I wasn't sure if I wanted us to get back together. Dylan had betrayed me. He may say he's changed, but I'm not sure if that change will last forever.

So enjoy it while it lasts. A voice in my head said, but I ignored it. I would only get heartbroken even more.

Or would I?

A huge part of me really wanted him back. But there was still that small feeling inside of me that I would get hurt again. I didn't want to risk it.

These past few weeks have been so confusing. I don't know who I am anymore. I've changed so much.. because of Dylan.

After school, I was stopped by Dylan. He must really care about me now, because he's always trying to talk to me. "Jess, wait."

I turned around. He looked... Horrible. Like he hadn't slept in days. His eyes were bloodshot, like he'd been crying recently. His hair was a mess.

"Have you thought about it?" His eyes were pleading for forgiveness. I knew that if I said no it would tear him apart.

"Um.." I looked down. "Yeah. Yeah, I'll take you back.

Dylan smiled. He hugged me, and I hugged him back. "You know I'd never hurt you again. I promise."

Little did I know...

Dylan held my hand as we walked out of school. "I never even got to treat you as a proper girlfriend. We never had time to go on dates or any of that because.. we'll, you know.."

"Do you wanna do something tonight?" I asked suspiciously.

"Yeah. I do. I want to take you out on a nice romantic date and then see a movie. Would you be okay with that?"

"Of course! I just don't know if my parents would be okay with it..."

"I'm sure they'd be fine with it. After everything that's happened... They've got to give you some free time, right?"

"Yeah. You're right."

"Can I take you home?" He said.

"Sure."

As always, Dylan opened the passenger door for me. It was the little things that made me love him so much. Opening doors for me, the way he smiles at me... Sometimes he would even give me little 'love notes'.

"I'll pick you up at 8?"

"Sure. See ya!" I waved at him and smiled as I walked through my front door.

My mom was sitting down at the dining table looking at some paperwork, as always. She works in an office, so she was always bringing work home. As for my dad, he's a doctor. Not the surgeon kind, the one you go to see for chekup's and stuff.

"Mom, I've got a date tonight. I'm leaving at 8."

"Well, that's great, honey! What are you gonna wear?" She asked.

"Oh, umm.." I looked down in frustration. "I never really thought about that. I'll be right back."

I went up to my room and rummaged through my closet.

I found this beautiful lacy black dress. I brought it down to my mom and she thought it look beautiful.

So at around 7:00, I took a shower and then put on the dress. My mom helped me with my makeup and hair.

As I was walking down the stairs, I heard my brother say, "Hey, who's this hag? I've never seen her around before."

"Shut up Andy!" I yelled at him and slapped him.

"Hey, what the hell?" He complained.

Finally, at 8, I heared the doorbell ring. I looked over at my mom and she smiled. "I'd better go upstairs."

"What, is that your boyfriend or something?" Mark teased.

"Actually, it is. Now can you go away?" I stood up and braced myself to open the door. I was going on my very first date! I felt a tingle of electricity and nervousness as I put my hand on the cold, metal doorknob.