4

"Jessica?" My mom called out to me as I was upstairs doing my homework.

"Yeah?" I turned around to see her opening my door.

"Someone just called me and said that you have a boyfriend and that you to have.. have been doing very bad things."

"What do you mean, very bad- oh... Mom, you know that's not true! Who are you gonna believe, someone who randomly called you that you don't know, or your own daughter?"

"Just come downstairs. Your father and I need to talk to you."

"Ugh. Mom!" I complained.

She went downstairs and I trudged down, following her.

We all sat down at the dinner table. I folded my arms and looked down as my parents were talking.

"Jessica, you've been very secretive with us these past few weeks. Is something going on?"

"No."

"See what I mean? Your father and I have been noticing you sneaking out at night. Have you been going out with a boy?"

I sighed and stood up. "Why do you care so much?" I muttered and walked outside.

It was fall, so it was getting a little cold. Thank god I was wearing a sweater.

It was nighttime, so everything was quiet, and the only source of light was the streetlights and the moon.

I walked for a long time. Down roads and through parks. I walked through the rich neighborhood and heard music blasting down the road. I decided to go check it out.

It was a party. I hadn't been to one before, so curiously, I stepped inside.

I noticed Dylan sitting on the couch with a beer in his hand. He noticed me. "Hey! Jessica!" He yelled, standing up and walking clumsily over to me. He tripped right in front of me. "Uh, sorry." He said, rubbing his nose as he got up.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine! Now that you're here." He kissed me, and I could taste the beer in his mouth.

"Jeez, Dylan, how much have you had to drink?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe like, 12 beers."

"12?"

"Yeah! And that's just my warmup! Here, take a sip." He put the bottle up to my lips, but I pushed it away.

"Come, let me introduce you to the guys. Hey, guys, this is my girlfriend!" He put his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm not your girlfriend, Dylan."

"Really? Oh, well, I want you to be. Will you?"

"Uh... Sure, I guess..."

"Great! So, hey guys, this is Jessica. My girlfriend."

They were all drunk too, and a lit winked at me and commented on my lady parts. Dylan must've somehow realized that, because he took me into the kitchen.

"What're you doing here?" He smiled at me. He didn't look that drunk.

"My parents were yelling at me, so I went on a walk to calm down. Then, I ended up here."