Chapter 11: Back home

Cinder's POV:

I looked around at the small group of varg standing in front of me. The two young ones that were forced into this pack had brought me any of the varg who didn't believe in the violence. They were all quite young, but some of them were well sized. Good enough to fight if need be. I had obviously become the leader of this small group, but for now, I need to get them away from their leader.

"Right, We need to get out of here." I nodded to them, my tail swaying slightly to show them I wanted to be kind.

"W-what about Sage?" asked the smallest one.

"We will find her. She is smart and has a strong heart" I said with pride in my voice. I hope she is okay. "I miss her, but we can't just go rushing there."

I gave a small bark and began to trot in the direction I knew we had to go, knowing they would follow. And they did. I kept my tail high but wagged it and kept my ears moving. I wanted them all to trust me as their new Dragga. The two that I met first, had become my Betas. I trusted them to help me, and they came through.

I looked towards my two betas and smiled at them. "So what are your names?" I asked smoothly.

"Golier" replied the bigger of the two.

"Zan" said the smallest. He was easily the smallest of the whole group, only slightly bigger than Sage. I felt a strong connection to him, not like a mate connection, but a family connection. I felt a need to protect him and make sure he made it through the coming war. It was imperative for me to help him.

At this point, we had walked out of the territory. None of the Varg in the rogue pack actually confronted us, something must have happened to distract the Dragga and the rest of the pack. I brushed it off, but deep down, I knew Sage had been hurt again. I would kill that wolf. Both of them.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Sage's POV:

Once again, I found myself tied to a rope and dragged, yes, dragged behind the Dragga as we began the journey to my home den. After trying three times to break the rope, I resorted to violence and lounged at the Dragga, only to be stopped by Lucifer. They stopped to re-position the rope amongst themselves so that I would walk between the two, unable to attack them. Lucifer's had to find a way to adjust to his one eyed life as well as me having to adjust to keeping silent. But that didn't stop me from thinking about all of the repulsive things I'd have liked to say to them all.

"How about challenging her Dragga into a single battle?" Lucifer asked the Dragga. "That way, she and her pack can watch as their most important member dies. They'll all fall into our order." They had been trying to find a plan so they could be prepared and avoid too much blood loss. Though I gave a growl at their suggestions, they only were amused by my fearless sounds to them.

"I think that is the safest way to go about this..." The Dragga thought about it. "We will be there soon. You all know what to do, fan out." He snarled to his pack. A well sized group stayed with us as we approached the territory, the scent I knew all too well. It brought tears of homesickness to her eyes and her tail lowered in realization she shouldn't be here.

"Be prepared." He spoke lowly to them all and lifted his muzzle to let out a low and powerful howl, calling all wolves in the territory. Her pack.

Almost instantly, they came through the tree line with murderous looks after noticing Sage with them. Her father, the beta, noticed her right away and gave a soft growl of reassurance. His demeanor calm and collected. She wanted rush to him and cuddle up in his protective warmth. Her Dragga also seemed to look at her with pity and apology. Koga and the rest of her siblings were nearly full grown as they made their appearance. She looked down at the rope and bolted forward, catching the dragga and Lucifer by surprise as she knocked them unstable. They pulled her back with a snarl and a wolf took over the burden of the rope on the dragga's neck as he held her snarling body down. She watched as both Leaders came face to face with each other.

"I believe that is my she wolf you have stolen from me." Snarled Garth, her Dragga.

"She is no longer yours to command. She is my she wolf and she belongs to my beta. He has mated her despite our constant battle to dominate her." He gave a small smirk in my direction. My mother seemed to tear up at the thought of what happened to me. The other wolves were snarling and looking at me with sympathy.

"If she didn't accept him, then the matting process hasn't been completed," Garth perked his ears and stood tall as a show of dominance and confidence. "Let her come home." He demanded.

"Actually, I have come to challenge you for your position as Dragga." He snarled lowly at Garth, his position became more dominant and aggressive towards him. Knowing he can't refuse, Garth signaled to his pack to remain in the area, but not to interfere. The dragga did the same, knowing the rest of his pack were waiting silently to strike fear in her pack.