Chapter 1:The Birth of a Runt

Another Authors Note: just to let you all know, very quickly. I will be posting an authors note before and after every chapter. If anyone wants to give me character names, good or bad, I'll use them all. Stay awesome readers ^-^.

:The Birth of a Runt:

Not much is memorable in the first few hours of my birth. I came about 10 minutes after my litter mates. Smaller than them, I found it difficult to push my way past to get to the warm smell of milk. With my eyes and ears sealed, I found it difficult to locate the smell. Eventually, after constant struggle to get over the bundle of my litter mates, I found an opening. Rewarded with the sweat warm liquid, my eyes began to open.

Everything was blurry, but I could make out my mothers figure. My ears began to straighten and move. I didn't know it at the time, but it was uncommon for the runt to be the first to open its eyes.

I saw another blurry figure approach my nursing mother and stopped suckling. Everything was coming into focus, but I still couldn't see them clearly. My oldest brother seemed to also notice the large male wolf, an I saw that his eyes were beginning to open as well. I studied the figure as it appears to speak with my mother.

Everything was beginning to come into focus as well as my hearing. I listened to my mother and the male talk.

"A fine litter dear." Said the male as he nuzzled mother and licked her ears.

"Yes," she replied. "A strong litter of 7 pups."

My father it seemed, looked us over. His eyes stopped over me, and he gave a small growl. I latex my ears back at this sudden behavior. It seemed like a strange instinct for me to act submissive towards my parents.

"Only 6 strong pups." He said through a growl. She looked at him, then at me. They knew I could see them and hear them, but they didn't seem to like it.

"A runt.." She said. "Her eyes are open." My mother lowered her large head to get a better look at me.

"Her audits seem to be registering as well." My father said still looking at me with a disgusted look. I didn't know much about what they were saying, but I knew damn well they were talking about me.

"Look, the stronger ones are stirring." Said my mother. They both turned their attention too my siblings.

Right there and then, I prepared myself for a very rough life. Something about me seemed to annoy my parents. One thing I promised myself at that moment, that I wouldn't get too close to anyone, and that I was meant to be weak.

:Authors Note:

Hey guys, so here is the first chapter to Sages life. I'm rooting for her. Please comment and vote!! It would help me out a ton. And one more thing, if you want to suggest a good name for a wolf, please comment or message me via Wattpad.

Stay awesome readers!!

^-^