-twelve-

Damn.

That was what Hunter thought when he saw on Monday morning walking onto the bus.

Cadie actually took his breath away. She just looked stunning. And something was different about her too. She seemed less scared and sheltered.

He tried to play it cool and just sit next to her like he usually did.

"Hi!" Cadie exclaimed.

"Uh, hi. You look beautif- I mean, you look really attractive, wait no, I meant you are hot.  Shit, I mean you look different," Hunter said. He was trying not to stare at her but it was hard. Cadie wasn't wearing her usual t-shirt and leggings, she had on a tight navy and white striped shirt on with high waisted light blue skinny jeans. And boy did it look good on her.

She just giggled. "Is this real? Is the oh so smooth Hunter Parks stuttering?"

"What? Me? No way, you just smell good," Hunter blurted out. Wow, he sounded like a complete creep and was utterly embarrassed. All he wanted to do was crawl in a hole and remain there forever.

Look who the awkward one was now.

"Are you feeling okay Hunter?" she questioned.

He just mumbled a simple I'm fine and turned away.

Who was this new Cadie and why the heck was she making him so nervous?

So, as you can see, Cadie has grown more confident. Don't worry though, she is still her. Once an awkward potato, always an awkward potato.