Chapter Ten: The Early Winter

Start from the beginning

PurpleGuitaristNothing. I'm just....still freaking out about the whole thing

ElsatheIceQueenJust relax. It's fine okay?

PurpleGuitaristI know, Aesha. I just can't risk it if one of you gets hurt.

ElsatheIceQueenWe won't get hurt. Promise.

PurpleGuitaristYou don't know how dangerous it is, do you?

I stopped and stared at her message. The hottest I've experienced is that one horrible time during summer....Can Cole be worse? I don't really know. I replied with full honesty.

ElsatheIceQueenI don't know.

PurpleGuitaristYou know what? I'll see you later during early winter, k? I'll try to be cool about it.

ElsatheIceQueenThanks, Cy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I ate and changed into a checkered shirt and jean shorts, I went out of the house. I guess I just got out to enjoy the fresh almost-winter air and walk around the streets. I told the twins (who were still grounded) that I'll just text them the address where we'll hold the Early Winter. I'll be fecthing my friends. 

As usual, I went to the cave to cool myself off. I decided to give it a new look after Cole ruined it. I stepped inside, admiring the mirror-like ice walls I put up before. I pressed my palm against the smooth ice and looked at my reflection. Straight light brown hair and hazel brown eyes, my normal appearance. Though, I could see a hint of ice blue in my irises. 

After the incident here, the only thing I managed to change was, of course, the ice walls. But I released my power to make my cave stronger and better.

First, I stuck solid ice snowflakes on the ice wall, creating a pattern of them. Next, I coated the ground with a thick and smooth layer of snow. And I layered, on top of it, a see through carpet-like ice. Then, proceeded making a brand new sparkling water canal. The two little streams stayed on the sides of the cave, flowing into the center then forming an ice fountain. Finally, around the fountain, I built comfy lumps of snow to serve as chairs.

Yeah, this was the perfect.

But I didn't enjoy much of my new creation. After I made the whole thing, I glanced at my phone and saw that it was already 3:02 p.m.

I quickly went out of the cave and headed to my friends' houses.

~~~~~~~~~

Cole's POV

"Cy, where the heck are you going?" I asked, seeing Cylene fully clothed with a winter coat and other thick clothes.

"Nothing important." she said.

"What are you going to do?" I said, full of curiosity.

"Just don't mind it, Cole. Look, just cook yourself something, but don't start another fire. I'll be home before seven."

I pouted. "You sound like Mom."

But Cylene didn't mind me. "Dang, I forgot something." she said, heading upstairs. Seconds after she left, I heard a knock on the door.

I felt my heart leap to my throat when I Aesha standing there as I opened the door. She looked pretty with her hair down and those warm brown eyes.
"Hey, Cole. Is Cylene here?" she snapped me out of my thoughts. "She said she was going to get something. She'll be down in a minute." I replied, "Come in."