Chapter Twenty Nine: Looking

***Katniss' POV***

I'm awoken with a kiss. I slowly open my eyes and see Peeta knelt down on the floor beside the couch.
"You should wake me up like that more often."
"Or I could get you an alarm clock."
"But we're on spring break. I don't have to get up early!"
"Yes you do. We need to make the most out of this trip away and that means getting up at a reasonable hour. Besides, we're going out for breakfast. I think you're glad I woke you up."
"Yeah. Okay. I'd rather have food than sleep."
"Good because you don't get a choice. Now come get up, I let you sleep in for as long as possible but everyone else is ready and you've only got half an hour to get ready."
"Well then I could of had another fifteen minutes sleep."
"You can get ready in 15 minutes? Seriously?"
"Probably 10 minutes actually."
"Yeah. Yeah."
He kisses me again and then stands up, "Go into the bedroom to get ready. I unpacked your stuff and put it away."
"Thank you."
"Don't mention it. I knew you'd be too lazy to do it yourself anyway."
"Hey!"
"What!? I love you for it."
I stand up and hug him, "I love you too."
He glances down at his watch, "27 minutes now."
"Okay. Okay. I get it, I'm going."
I run up the stairs and to the bedroom with all of my luggage in, I get a wash and brush my teeth in the connected bathroom, then look through the wardrobe of clothes and decide to put a smart-casual outfit on if we're going to eat out, even if it is just for breakfast.
I put on a plain white top with thin straps and then a forest green skirt that is pleated and comes down to around my knees, them I put a thick tan coloured belt around my waist, where the top ends and the skirt starts. I quickly do my hair in a side braid and put on natural make-up. After that I grab my white converse and quickly put them on.
I glance at the clock, it took me 15 minutes to get ready. I told Peeta I could get ready in that time and he didn't even believe me!
I skip down the stairs and into the front room where everyone else is,
"What did I tell you?"
"Fine. Fine. You win Kat."
"No, that shall not do. I want you to admit, here, in front of everyone, that I am the Grand Supreme Master of Everything and All."
He smirks,
"Everything and all are the same thing."
"Nope. They just prove my supremacy."
"But wait." He walks closer to me, "Would you look at that?"
I'm a little confused and look down on arm where he's pointing,
"Look at what?"
In one swift movement he puts one arm behind my back and one under my knees and picks me up, I decide to carry on from before,
"Nope I still don't see it Peeta."
"I just wanted to be able to do this. You can be too gullible sometimes." He starts to spin me around and then runs out to the car with me. When he puts me down in the drivers seat I pretend to be in a sulk,
"You've insulted me twice in less than an hour."
"You know I don't mean it."
"Take me for breakfast bread boy."
"But it looks like you're driving Kat."
I crawl across the car to the other seat, "No it doesn't."
The mischievous look has home from his face now,
"Please will you drive? I'm still not too confident."
I open the car door and walk back around to him and hug him,
"Of course I will. Don't worry about it, okay?"
He nods his head, "Okay."
We all get into out cars and drive to where ever we're going for breakfast. Peeta directs me because he knows this place the best out of all of us and... Let's face it, I'm not brilliant will directions.
We pull up outside of a little cafe,
"Are you sure that this place is ready for eleven loud teenagers?"
Peeta smiles a little,
"Nope, but then where is?"
"Fair point, well made."
"Isn't everything I say?"
"Don't be too modest Peeta."
He winks at me, "I try."
I reach across the car and take his hand,
"Are you okay?"
He nods his head,
"I'm fine. Just tired really."
"Tell me what's actually wrong with you."
"I don't want this week to end, I like being here, with you and everyone else and this week is just going too quickly.
I don't want to go back home, yeah, I want to see my father and brothers but not my mother."
"Hey, it's okay. We're gonna make the most of this week and when I turn eighteen, which isn't far away at all, we can get a house and move in together..." I pause for a minute before adding, "If that's what you want."
He leans across the car and kisses me, "I would love that."
I'm about to kiss him again when Finnick opens Peeta's door and Johanna opens mine,
"Out. I want my breakfast." She takes my hand and pulls it away from Peeta's, "I mean it. Move or be dragged."
I reluctantly get out of the car and walk into the little cafe.
We push three tables together and drag up chairs so that we can all sit together.
We order our breakfast and it is brought to us shortly. We eat quite quickly whilst trying to be quiet. Do I really need to say that it doesn't work?
Finnick clears his thorat and stands up, "I propose that, when we get back to the house, we make a FORT IN THE FRONT ROOM!!!"
Annie puts her hand on his shoulder, "Are you going to be in these kind of moods all week?"
He nods his head and smiles a big smile,
"Yep."
Annie sighs, but you can tell she's actually amused,
"We may as well make a fort today then, it might help you to calm down a bit."
I look across the table at Annie,
"Are you serious? He'll just get more hyped up for the rest of the month."
Peeta nudges me,
"Kat, can he really get any worse?"
"Don't underestimate Finnick's capabilities when it comes to hyperness."
He puts his hands up in mock defeat,
"I should have learnt that by now should I?"
I nod my head,
"Yeah, and for that I think you deserve to help Finnick make the fort."
Finnick nods,
"Come over to the dark side my friend." Peeta pretends to be in deep thought, "Oh come on man, we have cookies?"
Peeta nods and then some how we all agree to make the fort when we get back to the house.
We finish breakfast and split the bill between us then go back to the house.
Finnick runs around everywhere, grabbing every single blanket, cushion and sheet he sees, with help from everyone else at some points.
Then he proceeds to bring all of the kitchen chairs into the front room.
I decide to hide the cushions behind the couch which is almost touching the wall.
After I've hidden about half of the cushions I decide to hide some blankets too.
The next time he comes into the room, with the last of the chairs from the kitchen he eyes the pile of things he's collected on the floor and then glances around the room. He turns around, so that he's facing away from me so I decide to reach back down behind the sofa for a cushion or two, I pass one to Peeta who's sat on my right and then to Annie, who's sat on my left, and then I silently count to three using my fingers.
All at once we throw the pillows at him and he ducks just in time to avoid getting hit by them and instead they hit Cato, Johanna and Delly who are sat on the other side of the room.
Before I know it we have descended into a, full scale, war using blankets, pillows and sheets to launch at each other.
After about ten minutes of this, with me and Peeta using a category of one of us shielding the other while they attack everyone else I notice the absence of Cato and Glimmer, I turn around to face Peeta,
"Where have Glimmer and Cato gone?"
He shakes his head,
"I have absolutely no idea." Then he seems to spot something over the other side of the room.
We carefully make our way over, trying not to get hit, and then I see what he did.
The couch has been pulled forward a little and then the gap between it and the wall has been covered with a blanket draped over the top if it.
I quickly pull the blanket away and see Cato and Glimmer sat on the floor and they seem to be in the midst of a make out session.
The pillow fight seems to have come to a halt as ever gather around the sight in front of me, Cato and Glimmer break apart and then both go bright. red. Everyone looks a little shocked, well apart from Marvel but that's not particularly surprising.
Johanna, of course, speaks first, "Woah. Woah. WOAH! We thought that you and you," she points to Cato and Clove, "where together."
Clove laughs,
"No, he's like my highly annoying, I-want-to-punch-you-in-the-face, brother."
A conversation breaks out between everyone about what has been going on and for how long and
'why didn't you tell us' etc. After a few minutes when everyone is deep into a discussion Peeta takes my hand and we slowly, and quietly, make our way out of he room until we're outside the house. He scratches the back of his head nervously,
"Umm... I was wondering if you wanted to go and look at houses? I know we can't buy when yet or anything but it could be a good idea to see what we'd like and yeah..."
"You want to live out here?"
"I don't know, I just thought it's best to keep our options open fir the time being."
"Now, I know that isn't the whole truth. Just tell me what you feel,"
"I guess I would like to live out here, I know it's a while away from home but I have so many good memories here and so many bad memories back home, I'm not saying there are no good memories, far from it but I just-"
I cut him off by kissing him, "Is that a polite way of shutting me up?"
"I thought I'd try it out but you really didn't need to say anything else. It's beautiful out here and it's not like I really have much left..." I trail off, not really knowing how to finish the sentence. Peeta wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him,
"It's okay Kat. I understand what you mean, you don't need to explain."
"I think living out here would be nice, to leave all of the bad parts of the past behind us and have kind of a new start after we finish school."
He nods in agreement and then we get into the car, he gets into the driver's seat, "Are you sure?"
He nods his head,
"I need to get more used to it again so I may as well... If you're okay with it?"
"Of course I am. I trust you with all of my heart Peeta."
I get into the car,
"I love you Kat, you know that right?"
I smile, I will never get tired of hearing him saying that,
"Of course I do and I love you too."
He starts the car and then I realise something,
"Won't the others get worried that we're gone?"
"Nope. I told Annie where we were going before."
"And she managed to keep it a secret."
He smiles, "Surprisingly."
We pull up outside of a house and then we get shown around it. It's okay, but just not right for us.
I want our first house to be perfect, I want us both to love it."
We step outside of the house and then get back into the car,
"What did you think?"
"It was... nice."
"You know that you're a terrible liar, right?"
I nod, "Always have been, always will be."
We drive a little further, about five minutes, down the beach and then turn and go up a small hill.
Peeta stops outside of a beautiful house that looks like a converted barn or farm house. It looks kind of old yet stable and most of all it looks homely.
We walk through the front door and are met by someone who is there to show us around.
I look up at Peeta every time we walk into a different room and his face is always lit up by a huge smile and I feel that mine probably is too.
When the tour has finished me and Peeta walk around again by ourselves, "Peeta please tell me that you feel the same as I do."
"What. that this is our house?"
I nod my head, "I love it."
Peeta smile falls,
"I feel that too but we can't get our hopes up, remember we still have like a month before you're eighteen. The house could be taken by then."
I feel my happiness fade away too,
"Can you talk to the people selling it? Ask them if they can wait a month or so and take it off the market with the promise that we'll put the correct offer in as soon possible?"
He smiles a small smile at me and kisses the top of my head,
"Go and get in the car. I'll see what I can do, I'll try to negotiate but, please, for both of our sakes, don't convince yourself it will work."
He hands me the car keys and I go and sit in the passenger seat.
After around twenty, maybe twenty-five, Peeta comes and also gets into the car.He shakes his head and takes my hand,
"I'm sorry Kat. They said no."
I try to smile but it's probably very clear that it's fake,
"It's okay. There'll be other places."
He nods his head,
"I'm sure there will." and I swear that I see a mischievous look in his eye but I can't be entirely sure,
"Don't let it ruin this week though? It was only the second place we've seen and we were only looking, we knew we weren't buying. By the end of this week you'll have forgotten about it I have something nice planned for us, okay?"
This makes me smile, whatever he's planned it'll be good, he always puts thought into everything,
"Hey Peeta, you know what?"
"What?"
I find myself grinning again,
"You still haven't admitted I'm the Grand Supreme Master of Everything and All."
"Doesn't the Promise ring prove that?"
"Yes. Yes, I suppose it does."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note:
Hey guys! I hope you liked the chapter, it took me hours to write so I hope it was at least decent.
Please vote and comment to tell me what you though.
I also wanted to ask you guys to do something for me, would you go and check out my new book 'No Winner, Only Survivors.' on my account (asdfghjklaurenn). It is the book that I asked for YOUR TRIBUTES FOR!!!!! And is a modern version of the games, not like a HG high book but instead the actions a country facing threats of rebellion from within itself would have to do to control it. It's different to any of the books I've written before and a little different to any I've read here on wattpad too so I would really appreciate it if you went and read that!

Thank you for your ongoing support,
~Lauren :) xx
(asdfghjklaurenn)