Chapter Three: Partners? Really?

I walk into art class late because I was with the Nurse after what the idiot did.
My nose isn't broken and the bleeding stopped so I didn't have to go to hospital and I didn't get to go home either.
I walk into the room and see none of my group of friends there, in fact there's no one in the set that I know, well apart from Mellark but I wouldn't exactly say that we knew each other.
The teacher Miss Trinket turns and looks at me,
"Welcome, welcome. Nice of you to make an appearance Miss Everdeen, two days in and already skipping lessons, that must be a new record. You have a new seating plan this year, and you," she checks her seating plan, "Are over there, Next to Mister Mellark."
"Oh come on miss, you have to be kidding me. Why do you have to put me there, next to that?!" I say gesturing to Peeta and pulling a face.
"Because I know that you won't have conversations with him all through lessons."
Well sure, that's right there but I don't want to sit next to him! He hates me and I hate him!
I reluctantly go and take the seat next to him, I drag it as far away from him as I possibly can and put it right at the end of the table.
I glare at him and then put my earphones in, not paying attention to anything until Miss Trinket comes and takes my iPod away from me, I give them to her straight away because I don't want to end up in the Principle's office already.
"You can come back at the end of the day and get this from me." I sigh,
"Fine."
"Now if you would have been taking any notice you would have seen that everyone else around you is doing their drawings of plants for the natural forms topics."
She hands me some paper and a pencil and walks away, everyone else seems to be really concentrating and trying their hardest by putting loads of effort in but I really can't be bothered.
I take the pencil and draw a big circle in the middle of the page and then 5 big petals around the outside like a child would draw, next I go and get felt tips but instead come back with highlighters.I colour each petal in a different bright colour so there is one blue, yellow, green, pink and orange and then I colour the middle in with stripes of each of the highlighters, mainly because I'm lazy and it takes to much effort to go and get a new colour but also because I want to see how much I can annoy and stress out the teacher because she's been going on and on none stop for the past 10 minutes about how it has to look realistic and natural because its a natural forms topic.
I get bored after a while so I get out my compass and start to repeatedly stab little holes into the table, I look up briefly when I hear a gasp and Miss Trinket says, well no almost roars,
"That is mahogany!" She puts her head in her hands for a minute and then looks back up to see me stabbing the table again,
"You know what, I can't even do this anymore, if you continue to behave in this way then I will have no choice but to report you to the Principle and that could lead to you either being excluded for a while or you may have to change this lesson to another one, with a teacher who is willing to have you in their class," then she mutters, "if there is such a person that exists."
Then she catches sight of my drawing and... Let's just say she doesn't looked pleased in the slightest.
She clears her throat,
"I was going to set this later in the topic but some of you," she looks directly at me and glares, "could do with the assistance now... Anyway you are to work with the person beside you on your desk on a project, you must produce a big piece of artwork which you will have to present to the rest of the art students in your year group, you'll have to explain why you did certain things and how you developed your work as you just do small pieces of work first so that you can know what to do for the big piece. You have four weeks to complete this and if it is not in," she glares at me yet again, "there will be serious consequences."
I just roll my eyes and put my head down on the table until she comes and bangs her fist down on the table making me jolt straight back up,
"You should be evaluating your partners work Miss Everdeen!"
She slides Peeta's work over so that it's in front of me and does the same with my work.
I look down at his and vaguely recognise the flower, after I've looked at it for a while longer I realise exactly what it is!
I stand up and go and grab Peeta's arm, twisting it behind his back in a way that I know causes pain, I put my mouth right next to his ear and through gritted teeth say,
"You drew that on purpose didn't you!?"
He looks shocked by my sudden outburst and doesn't say anything in reply so I twist his arm more and he grimaces in pain,
"You know exactly what you did! You drew a primrose because you know that was my little sisters name! You know that she died! If you ever so much as say her name or do anything like this again then I swear you will end up a lot worse off than you are now!"
Miss Trinket comes rushing towards us in her ridiculously high heels so really she's just going the same speed as when she walks and she just looks stupid.
"Katniss get off him now!"
"No! He's winding me up on purpose!"
"I didn't see him do anything."
"But the idiot provoked me!"
"Everdeen Principle's office now!"
"But,"
She cuts me off, "Now!"
I shove his arm down so that it hits the table and then walk out the room, grabbing my forest green backpack and of course my compass on the way.
Miss Trinket basically marches me up to the office.
The thing is that I don't normally act this badly, it's just because for starters lets just say art isn't one of my favourite or best subjects and two I'm just so mad from gym and then having to sit next to him frustrated me more and made everything ten times worse.
She practically pushes me into the office but I don't see the normal principle, instead I see Mr Abernathy sat on the chair with his feet up on the desk and a drink of some sort of alcohol in his hand.
"I wondered how long it would take until I'd be seeing you sweetheart."
He gestures to the chair in front of the desk and Miss Trinket looks like she's going to explode or something,
"I hardly think this should be taken so lightly Mr Abernathy! Where do I start? Vandalism! Hurting another student! Not doing work correctly! Listening to music on an iPod in class, which I confiscated! Turning up late!"
He smirks at her, "Loosen your corset. Have a drink!"
She exhales loudly and then walks out banging her heels on the floor so that they click very loudly.
"Miss Trinket?" Me Abernathy shouts, not getting up, he winks at me and she walks back in.
He starts off as though he's about to apologize,
"I'm," she's expecting him to say sorry and it sounds like he will as well, but then he continues with, "Going to need that iPod please?"
She sighs, "Fine!" And reaches into her pocket and gives it to him, she waits a second expecting an actual apology this time but when he says nothing she walks back out of the office.
He hands me back my iPod,
"somebody doesn't like you sweetheart?"
"Tell me about it, but be assured that the feeling is mutual."
He snorts a little,
"So who did you hurt," I am about to tell him when he says, "no let me guess? Mellark?"
I nod, "How'd you know?"
"Heard about what happened in gym, I'm not going to punish you for it, not that I would anyway, but he did deserve it, what did you do?"
"Well first of all it wasn't because of gym, that made me mad but he was say next to me and he drew a Primrose. He knew what he was doing. Basically everyone knows what happened to Prim, with the Car Crash and all, so of course he did and anyway, all I did was grab his arm and twist it behind his back." As I say this I trace the scar that goes most of the way up the top of my left arm, from my elbow upwards, with my right hand, like I always do when I talk about the crash that caused that scar but more importantly my sister's untimely death.
"Well then he definitely deserved it, I'm going to call him up here later and talk to him."
"Oh don't, you'll only make things worse."
"I have to, it's my duty as principle."
"That would have been convincing if it wasn't slurred from the alcohol that you've so clearly been drinking."
He puts his hand up, "Hey I can't be any worse than the old, looney head can I?"
"I suppose not, why did he leave?"
"Had no choice. mental break down of some sorts but that's not surprising when you look at most of the kids, and teachers, in the place."
Just then the bell goes signalling lesson change and he tells me to get up and leave, wait until the rest of the Victors hear about this! The art lesson and about Mr Abernathy, Or should I call him, Principle Abernathy?

<-------------<< Author's Note:

Hi guys, I hope you liked the chapter, please tell me what you thought and comment/vote and follow me (asdfghjklaurenn) and Hannah who's account this is on! :)
Thankyou,
Lauren :) xx