Chapter Twenty Five: The Tributes

***A week later (Friday.) ***
****Finnick's POV****

The bell goes, signalling the end of the day and I leave the classroom. I walk to Annie's lesson and wait outside of the door for a couple of minutes before she comes out of the room,
"Where are we going now?"
"I guess we're just going to Jo's like usual but I'm not sure, we're just meeting everyone outside, in the parking lot and then we'll decide what we're doing."
Just as I finish talking Peeta rushes past us, holding onto Katniss' hand with her half running, half being dragged behind him,
"Dude, where are you going?"
He quickly glances over his shoulder back at me but doesn't stop running, "Trinket's, detention." I don't even get change to reply before he gets lost in the crowd of students leaving the school for the weekend.
I take Annie's hand,
"Come on, we'll wait for them in the cars or something." She nods and we make our way outside to see everyone is already there and Cato is completely flipping out about something, I can hear several cuss words being screamed and then I understand why as I catch sight of the bonnet of his car. There is a big T scratched into the front. I turn towards Marvel, "Seriously, the tributes again?"
He nods slowly. The Tributes are a rival group of kids from the rival school, they think they're so special, that's why they call themselves 'the tributes' because they think they're the chosen ones or something equally as stupid and ridiculous as that.
Then Glimmer adds,
"And look at the back of the car too."
I walk around to the back of the car and see another big T scratched in but this one goes much deeper into the paint work, then Delly adds, "And there's another one on the top."
Clove is trying to calm Cato down but it isn't working very well, he's still screaming about how much he hates them and that they're scum and some other things that even I wouldn't repeat. I say,
"Cato." But he doesn't hear me so I say it slightly louder but again he doesn't catch what I said so I scream, "CATO!!!!" and he most certainly hears me this time.
He stops yelling insults amongst other things,
"What?"
"I have a plan, okay. We'll well and truly get them back by trashing their reputation but for it to work you need to calm down, we need to go somewhere more private and you have to listen instead of freaking out again."
He sighs,
"Fine."
Johanna flicks me in the back of my head and I flinch before turning around slightly so I'm facing her. Feeling a little annoyed I say,
"Yes Jo?"
"Where are Peeniss?"
It takes a lot of strength to stop me from bursting out into hysterical laughter, "Peeniss?"
"Yeah, you know. Katniss and Peeta. That's what we've been calling them for well, a couple of weeks now."
"Ohhh, right. I getcha now. They have detention with Trinket."
Everyone mutters something about Miss Trinket or detention before Annie says,
"Text Kat and see how long they'll be, she always has her phone out."
I text her quickly and almost instantly get a reply, I read it out to everyone, "She says they're supposed to be there for half an hour to do some work but Peeta's nearly finished it anyway so they'll be out in five minutes. Should we wait for them?"
Everyone agrees that we should so we all just kind of stand around Cato's car.
Almost exactly five minutes later Katniss and Peeta come running out of the building towards us but this time they're not holding hands. I bet they're racing. It wouldn't surprise me because they're one of the most competitive couples I know.
Peeta gets to the car first followed by an equally out of breath Katniss. Peeta does some weird victory dance while Katniss pretends to sulk,
"I swear that that prosthetic leg of your gives you extra speed."
Peeta shakes his head,
"That can't be true because then I'd have one leg faster than the other and surely that wouldn't work. I'd end up falling over."
Katniss mutters something that sounds like,
"I can only hope." And we all burst out laughing but Peeta looks confused because he didn't quite catch what she said, he walks up to Katniss and stands in front of her,
"What was that Kat?"
She clears her throat and says, louder than last time,
"I said that I can only hope."
Peeta picks her up and spins her around as she shrieks and tells him to let her down. Eventually he does and she's put back on her feet and at this point she seems to notice the state of Cato's car, all she says is,
"The tributes? Huh." And all of us nod as Peeta comes and looks at the front of the car too, then Cato speaks up,
"And the back and the roof."
After Katniss and Peeta have inspected all of the marks on the car Jo asks,
"So back to mine and Kat's now? Finnick can tell us this plan of his."
We all agree and get into the cars we came to school in. We drive to the house and quickly gather inside. We go to the kitchen where Peeta starts to make brownies because Katniss was complaining that she's hungry.
I jump up onto the breakfast bar and attempt to stand up on it before hitting my head off the roof, Annie grabs my hand and pulls me down until I'm sat on the breakfast bar instead with my legs hanging over the edge. When she's not looking I get hold of Annie and swiftly pull her up so she's sat on my lap. We share a quick kiss before I get everyone's attention, ready to explain the plan.
"So I don't know if you all know this, but you probably do because it's all over our social media, but the tributes are having a party tonight at one of their houses. Clearly they were highly stupid to putt he address where we could see it,"
Gale cuts me off,
"Please tell me we're not just gonna crash the party because that's lame Finn."
I pat him on the shoulder,
"My dearest Gale, I am saddened that you would even think I could come up with such an idea and think that it was good enough to go through with. I, of course, have a much much much much much better idea.
In the end what I mean to say is, Gale, if there shall be no party then how would we possibly crash it?"
Glimmer speaks up,
"Well go on then Finn, stop speaking in freaking riddles and tell us what the plan is."
"Well I happen to know the address of a certain bitchy teacher that gives a certain couple detention far too often. What I was thinking was that, we send texts our from anonymous numbers to all of our contacts telling them that there has been a last minute change to where the party will be held but that the new address is that certain bitchy teacher's address. Therefore the tributes party is ruined and Miss Trinket gets highly annoyed all night as teenagers constantly knock on her door and the best part is, no one will know it's us because we'll send it from an anonymous number!"
Everyone is looking at me. It's as thought they're shocked that I could come up with such a good idea.
Of course, Johanna wants to try and burst my bubble,
"Yeah but how do we know everyone will hear about the new address."
"You underestimate how many people's numbers I've got and I'll ask them to forward the text to all of their contacts."
Then Marvel adds,
"How do you even know Miss Trinket's address?"
I shrug my shoulders a little,
"When you know as many people as I do you find things out. Like, a lot of things."
Everyone just, kind of, nods and agrees with the plan and before I know it I'm composing the text to send out. We're gonna send it out just forty-five minutes before the party starts so it has time to spread without the tributes having enough time to tell everyone that the party's location has not moved.
I, along with help from everyone else come up with the following message,

'Hey guys,
We just wanted to let you know that there has been a last minute change to our plans for tonight's party. The location has been changed and it will now be taking place at 17 Capitol Lane.
The time has not changed or anything but be sure to ring the bell so we can let you in. Bring refreshments and we'll see you at seven as planned.
Thank you, see you soon,
The Tributes.
p.s. Please pass this message onto other contacts of yours but DO NOT put this on social media, we don't want the careers or the victors finding out about it.'

I then proceed to send the message out to all of my contacts and the five more of us do the same to make it more believable because there are six of them in the tributes.
After around half an hour we have received the message back a few times but not many and there's no sign of it on Facebook, Twitter etc, so it's looking like our plan is going to work. I pull out my laptop and open up the live stream from a camera across the road from Miss Trinket's house, Cato comes and looks at the screen,
"How did you get that there? None of us have left the house."
"A friend of mine, Beetee, is a technological genius. He's quickly wired up a camera for me and the stream that's coming back to this computer is untraceable so even if someone does discover the camera they won't be able to trace it back to this computer. He owed me a favour so he had no problem sorting this out for me."
"You're a lot more known than I first figured. Not a lot of people realise how many connections I have but that's better for me. It means I'm not suspected too much when these kind if things happen."
He just nods and we all sit down and watch the live stream on the TV because I've connected up the laptop. At around ten to seven the first party goers arrive and it's a group of about 10 with a mixture of boys and girls, I don't recognise any of them so they mustn't be from our school. They ring the doorbell a few times before Miss Trinket comes to the door. She opens it and when she sees the group outside she smiles at them and asks them what they want, I don't really catch the reply but I'm guessing the guy talking said something about the party and Miss Trinket looks very confused and just shuts the door leaving the group outside looking confused, they move across the street and sit on the pavement just in front of where the camera must be. They just sit there until another, slightly smaller, group turns up but they don't say anything, instead they let them go to the door and again Miss Trinket answers.
This lasts for about three more big groups until another group, of about 10 again, turns up and just as they're ringing the door bell Miss Trinket opens a window upstairs and pours a bucket of water onto them. This makes all of us dissolve into absolutely hysterical laughter. At this point all of the other people that have showed up and are sitting on the pavement across the road get up and go back to their cars and leave.
One thing is for certain, the tributes reputation has well and truly been annihilated.
We shouldn't be getting anymore trouble from them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note:
I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please tell me what you thought in the comments and if you did like the chapter then please vote. :)
Thank you for your ongoing support,
Lauren :) xx