Chapter Sixteen: So Many Sorry's

Finnick parks the car in the hospital parking lot and I take a deep breath. I'm about to go in and talk to Peeta. Well, more to explain to him. And this is hard for me. I'm not good at admitting I'm wrong and that I did something incorrect. But I need to. I owe at least this explanation to Peeta. I start to open the door when I see the car next to us. It's Cato's car. And beside that is Glimmer's. Crap. They will be visiting Peeta for sure. What am I going to do? You aren't alone. I remind myself. I turn and look at Finnick who is watching me.
"Finn?"
"Yes?"
"Will you come in with me?"
"Uh, Kat, I don't know. He was my friend and all..." He trails off as he sees the cars parked beside us. "You know what, yeah, I'll go." He opens his car door and I finally get out of mine. We start walking towards the entrance and I feel the anticipation growing with ever step. Every foot those doors grow closer, I feel more nervous. Like I want to puke. But I can't. I won't allow myself to look weak. We go through the doors and when we do, I feel something different. I feel scared. To approach not only Peeta, but his group. They won't want to just stop visiting their friend so I can talk to him. Why do things have to be so complicated? We walk to the elevator and I just keep praying that The Careers won't be up there. Maybe they will be eating in the cafeteria or something. We get onto the elevators and click the 5th floor.
"Finnick? I don't think I can do this."
"Katniss I think you need to. He deserves it."
"But how is he going to react to this?" I ask. It could go either way. Bad, he freaks out and is mad at me for not letting him explain when we were kids. Or Good, he forgives me and we can keep being friends. We get off the elevator and start walking for Peeta's room directly around the corner. Just as we are about to turn, I hear so people talking. I specifically hear Cato so I know we are screwed. He legit hates me. I don't know what I did to him but he hates me. I look in Peeta's room, and I see them all there. Sitting around, talking and laughing.
"What should I do?" I whisper to Finnick.
"Well, you want to talk to him don't you? Just go in. I will will watch for any trouble."
"Okay but if you see Cato come close then please come in right away." I say and he nods his head. I take a deep breath, while Finnick rubs my shoulder.
"Do you want a sugar cube?" He asks.
"Is that your answer to everything?" I asks stifling a laugh.
"They work for me." He smiles and I feel a little more calm. I look inside to see them laughing again. I knock on the door, getting their attention. I walk in and everyone stands up, their laughing finished and the smiles wipes from their faces. Peeta can't see me, with everyone blocking his view.
"What do you want?" Glimmer says, with a lot of hate behind her voice.
"Never mind what she wants, I think she should just go." Marvel says before I can say anything.
"I need to-" I start but Cato cuts me off.
"You need to just leave."
"No she doesn't." Finnick says from behind me. "I think you all need to leave so she can talk to Peeta privately."
"And do you think we will listen to you? I mean, she is a lot tougher than you fish boy." Clove says.
"I you don't leave, I'll call security." I say and all they do is laugh. But this time, I think Peeta caught the sound of my voice because he speaks up.
"Guys just go. Let us talk." He says behind everyone. They all move out of the way and I can finally see him. I can tell he isn't mad, or happy, or sad. He just looks neutral.
"What the heck Peeta? You really want to be in the same room as this slut?" Cato says through gritted teeth.
"Hey! She is not a slut!" Finnick growls.
"Just go!" Peeta yells. Everyone looks shocked. I mean, he is the one that tries to keep things calm so when he gets
Mad, you know things are serious. They all start to walk out except Cato. Of course. Finnick still stands behind me but I can feel him moving up to me side and finally in front of me.
"Are you leaving?"
"After you."
"Ladies first." Finnick snaps.
"Age before beauty." Cato smirks.
"No pain no gain."
"What pain?" Cato asks. Finnick moves towards him, his fist comes in contact with Cato's jaw. Cato tries to get up but Finnick knees him in the stomach, the shoved him towards the door where he falls on the ground, right outside of the room.
"That's for calling her a slut." Finnick says walking towards the doot, shutting it behind him. I turn to Peeta laughing.
"What's so funny?"
"Oh, Cato is a douche. He had it coming. That just looked like something you would see in a movie."
"I guess you're right." I laugh a little before going and sitting in the chair next to his bed. He watches me, probably trying to read me. To understand why I came here. I feel so guilty.
"I'm... So sorry." I sigh.
"Katniss me being in here ism your fault. You can't blame yourself for a car accident. How-" I cut him off.
"I'm not talking about that. This is my fault but I meant when we were kids. And I thought you were talking about my family. I didn't even let you explain. But now I know the truth." I say.
"The truth?" He asks. I sigh and start explaining what I mean. I explain about Rory and why he started spreading the rumors. About how I attacked Gale. I just tell him everything.
"So you know why I thought it was you. An I should have let you explain but I'm such a jerk and I didn't let you get two words out. I'm very very sorry. I really-" now he cuts me off. But now with words. He grabs me shoulders and pulls me in for a hug. I willingly put y arms around him too.
"It wasn't you." He says into my ear.
"Yes it was."
"It's Rory. He shouldn't have started saying those things."
"Peeta please forgive me." I say.
"Of course Katniss. I have missed you so much." He squeezes me one more time before letting go. My eyes move down to his leg, where metal has replaced flesh.
"I'm sorry about that too." I say.
"It wasn't your fault. And please don't say it is again." I only nod. Then we hear a knock on the door and I almost jump out of my seat, thinking it's the careers. Instead, Finnick comes running in out of breath.
"Hate to cut this short but I think I may have provoked them a bit to much. They found some bats." He says and I laugh.
"Looks like I need to go."
"Okay. I will be out in a few days anyways."
"I guess I'll see you then." I smile and stand up. Finnick looks a little frightened, but he talks to Peeta.
"Good to have you back man." He swings his arm around to hit Peeta's hand. Then they do a hand shake they used to when we were kids. I figured they would have forgotten that.
"Finnick! We know you're in there!" I hear Glimmer yell outside the door.
"See ya!" Finnick says and grabs my hand, pulling me to the bathroom inside of the room just as the door opens. When they are all inside, with two bats in each hand, we sneak out as quickly and quietly as we can. But we don't feel safe until we actually get I to the elevator.
"So how did it go?" Finnick asks.
"It went well. He understood." I say. "I got my best friend back." I smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay honestly I love my chapters but I didn't like this one.

I hate when people say their chapters suck every time they update and I don't want to be that person, but I'm not sure I liked this chapter.

Next one I write will be better, longer, and will come sooner!

So please tell me what you thought:)

Love you all:)

~Hannah