Chapter One: The Groups

Katniss' POV

Two days. That's how long we've been back in school and the glares and snide comments are already being thrown in my direction and the rest of my friends.
The careers are the ones saying these things, the ones that spread and stir things around here, basically they don't get on with anyone apart from the people in their own group. Their names are Cato, Clove, Glimmer, Marvel and Peeta and they think that they're the most popular people, well never mind just in the school, basically in the whole of our town Panem.
In reality my group of friends, The Victors, are the more popular than them, there's me, Delly, Finnick, Annie, Gale and Johanna.
Someone barges, quite violently into my side and I look up and see Peeta and Cato, they fist bump as if what Peeta just do is something to e proud of and worth congratulating! "Listen Mellark! What is your problem with me!? You've never even said two words to me but you hate me! I really don't get you!"
He looks at me and gives me a dirty look but doesn't say anything in return, instead he just turns around and continues walking past me.
"Katniss, calm down. You've got a full year of this to look forward to, it's only been two days so just seriously, chill."
"I want to Dell, but he just gets me so mad! He used to seem like a nice boy when he was hanging around with Thresh and Finch and all of those but he decided to be friends with the careers for some reason! He's never even spoken to me so how can he treat me in the way he does?"
Finnick speaks up acting like a big brother, "Do you want me to knock some sense into him? He's clearly an idiot."
"No don't do that Finnick! You were told new year new start, no more fighting with the careers! You're on your last chance." I don't say this, Finnick's girlfriend of 3 years, Annie tells him this and me, Delly and Gale nod in agreement, we all look to Johanna, waiting for her response, she smirks,
"I say we do it! I haven't punched someone in so long! I went all summer without punching anyone!"
"Well I think that the bruise on my arm would beg to differ Jo!"
Everyone else chips in with a, 'me too' or a 'yeah'.
She lets out a sarcastic sigh and says, "Yes but with you guys it's different, I punch you lot because I love you all."
Finnick puts on a high pitched voice, "Aww, that's so sweet." He flicks his hands around as he says it and then Gale joins in with the same stupid voice and hand movements,
"I know right!" And then they just start jumping up and down screaming,
"Yay!"
I punch then both playfully on the shoulder,
"Come on. Stop acting like idiots and calm down. We have gym next and I think that the careers are all in it with us."
Johanna says
"Oh the joys." With more than just a hint of sarcasm in her voice and then as the bell goes we go off to gym.
We split off into the girls and boys changing rooms as get changed quickly into the green polo shirts and the black shorts or sweat pants with trainers or sneakers which make up our kit.
As soon as we're done we get split into two teams which stand opposite each other on opposite sides of the gym.
The coach claps his hands together to get everyone's attention,
"Right, today we're playing dodgeball, standard rules apply and when you've been hit go and sit on the benches at the end of the court. When I blow the whistle it's a race to the balls in the middle, good luck and may the odds be ever in your favour."
I quickly scan the other team to see who's on it and directly opposite to all of us victors who are all on the same team as me are all of careers, well isn't this going to be fun?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note - this story is going to have two authors HannahVorhees and asdfghjklaurenn. It will all be posted on Hannah's account but I (Lauren) will be writing the odd numbered chapters and Hannah is doing the even ones. If you like my writing then please check out my account and work. Thankyou for reading, Lauren :) xx