Ch. 2 New Arrival

Start from the beginning

~*~ Time Skip ~*~

"That was a good movie." Kevin said taking a bite of his food.

They were currently sitting down at a table in a restaurant. He had decided to take them to Applebee's, nothing too plain or too fancy. As one of his friend's liked to say, it was like a downgraded Cheesecake Factory.

"Yeah, I'm surprised that I could be so entertained by Legos." Kirstie giggled, taking a sip of her drink.

"At least now we know what you were talking about when you said that a guy was rubbing his butt on another guy's car." He joked and she laughed.

"Oh yeah! The Buttmobile!!! That was great, I love the Joker, he's so funny."

"I think the Joker was one of my favorite characters in the movie. What about you?"

"Hmm, I don't know. The Joker did have some funny scenes, but I think I'll have to say that my favorite character was Robin. Heh, remember his theme song? Fly Robin, fly!" She sang, and they both laughed.

"Oh man, I'm probably going to be thinking about it all week. Thanks a lot." Kevin said as their waiter walked up to their table.

"Can I get you two anything for dessert?" He asked handing them dessert menu's.

"We'll need a moment to look over them." Kevin said as he took one and handed the other to Kirstie.

He nodded and left them alone. As they were looking over the menu's, Kirstie gasped.

"What is it?" Kevin asked concerned.

"We totally lost track of time!!! It's 11:17, we're supposed to be meeting the guy at 11:30!!!" Kirstie said panicking.

"Kirstie it's okay, we still have plenty of time to get there." He tried to reason, but she was too nervous to listen properly.

"I know that, but what if something happens that delays us and we can't get there in time? What if we end up missing him and never have another chance to help him? What if we-" She started to ramble but Kevin cut her off.

"Look, I know that you're really nervous about meeting this person. I am too, and I know that anything could happen to change the future. That's what you're worried about right?" He questioned, and she bit her lip and nodded.

"What if something goes wrong?" She asked quietly.

"We can't know if it will, and if it won't, until we get there. Can I ask why you're so worried about this meeting?"

"Well, I don't know for sure. But I do that he's going to be very important to the team."

"I'm sorry, the team? I wouldn't call two people a team, more like a duo." Kevin joked.

"Oh, I haven't told you? We're assembling a team of people like us. So far, I've seen that there will be at least five of us. You, me, the guy we're meeting today, and two others who I haven't really seen yet."

"A whole team of people like us? What exactly are-"

"Kevin, I would love to answer all of your questions but..." Then she tapped her wrist to signify an invisible watch.

"Right, sorry." He apologized, then he called the waiter over. "We'll take... The chocolate cake with vanilla bean ice cream to go please."

The waiter nodded and went to get the checks. While they waited, they chatted about the new team and how they were gonna find everyone. They were interrupted when the waiter came back with the checks. Paying in cash to make things quicker, they left a tip and ran out the door.