Insomniac | Michele Crispino

"Leave my door open just a crack. (Please take me away from here) Cause I feel like such an insomniac. (Please take me away from here) Why do I tire of counting sheep? (Please take me away from here) When I'm far too tired to fall asleep."
- Owl City "Fireflies"

You recounted the days when you could actually sleep. It seemed so nice then. You were in your own apartment, not yet engaged to Michele.

He slept soundly beside you - not moving an inch when you sat up. You pushed your hair back, and watched him for a moment.

"[N... Name]...?" He questioned. His purple hues looked into your [e/c] irises, "Can you not sleep again, Tesoro [1]?" He hugged you as he sat up.

This was one of the few times he was chill; when he was half asleep. It was something only you saw.

"No... I don't know why. When I'd stay over before, I could sleep." You sighed.

"That was only sometimes, Tesoro..." He reminded with a heavy sigh.

You had chronic insomnia. And it flucuated very frequently. Michele didn't quite understand, but he tried. Sometimes it would end up with him yelling at you because you would be too tired to even get up.

"[Name]!!! Get some sleep!!! You need it!"

"I would if I could, Mickey!!!" And you would start crying.

He would calm down and profusely apologize after that because you really couldn't help it. You took medicine for it, but even then ten milligrams of Ambien didn't help [2].

He thought that maybe it was caffine. But you went a week without any energy drinks or caffinated coffee, tea, or soda. Nothing. You still stayed up.

"Do you think you'll sleep once the sun comes up?" He yawned, laying you down with him, burying his face in your [F/Scent] scented hair.

That was something that happened often, as well. As soon as the sun came up, you were dead asleep. Sometimes. Others, you went into your job as a translator and messed up so badly your boss would send you home.

"Maybe... But Sara and Anton are coming over tomorrow for dinner. I can't just sleep." You groaned.

"... I can cancel." Michele grumbled.

He didn't like not seeing his sister. He still had that complex, and it was just something you dealt with. It also got worse when she met Anton and they became a couple.

"No... It'll be light in a few hours. Let's see how it goes."

Sure enough, when the clock hit about 6:30 and the sun started rising, you fell asleep.

Michele gently smiled at you when he woke up thirty minutes later.

"Silly girl. You always do this... I wish I could help." He mumbled, and walked into the en suite​ bathroom to take a shower.

You dreamt for the first time in a long time that morning. It was of your and  Michele's wedding. Your vows were beautifully recited in Italian, as were his.

You awoke to the sound of Michele singing in the kitchen of the apartment.

You checked the time: noon on the dot. Five and a half hours you could work with.

You stood up, wearing his shirt and boxers, and walked into the kitchen.

He sang away, but stopped when you entered fully. He blushed heavily and turned away.

"What?" You asked, hugging him from behind.

"I'm... Still not used to seeing you like that."

You giggled. He had been a virgin until you came along. You guessed it figured, especially since he discovered that you wearing his clothes was a turn on.

"Mickeeeeey...." You groaned.

"Change!" He exclaimed, shooing you back into your bedroom, "Lunch will be finished in a minute!" He sounded grouchy, but he was just embarrassed.

You giggled again, and took a shower, changing into your own clothes.

The day seemed to drag on and on.

When Sara and Anton got there that night, you and Michele immediately noticed the ring on her left ring finger.

"Bastard! I'll kill you!" Michele had yelled.

Sara quickly intervened, "Mickey! Stop! You knew this would happen eventually!" She exclaimed.

Michele sat down, and Anton took the furthest seat away.

"I know... I just want to protect you." Michele whispered.

You soothed him by rubbing his back.

And then it hit you. Why your insomnia had been so bad. You were nervous about the wedding!

It's not cold feet... You thought, It's excitement and nervousness about being in front of so many people!

You were happy you pinpointed the exact cause. The wedding was in two months, but nothing had been set in stone except the date.

You were lost in thought when Sara and Anton announced that they were leaving.

You saw them off, and turned to Michele with a grin.

Michele walked up to you, and hugged you, "What's got you so happy?"

"Let's get married. Tonight." You whispered in his ear.

He looked at you as if you were nuts.

"What? But the date-"

"Nothing is settled but the date, Mickey! Let's go to that little chapel. It's legal! And we can go on our honeymoon early!" You exclaimed.

Michele laughed happily, which made you question him. He never laughed like that.

"What's so funny?"

"I'm happy! I didn't want a wedding with a lot of people! That was our parents!" He sighed, "Let's go!"

You two drove to the chapel, and were married that night.

That night you slept peacefully.

However, about two months later, the insomnia returned.

You also got big news.

"Pregnant?!"

[1] Okay, so I looked this up, and I have no clue if it could be used for a girl because of the masculine ending, but Teroso means "Darling" or literally "treasure". Please correct me for future reference if I'm wrong.

[2] I take 10 mg of Ambien, and sometimes it just doesn't work. 10 mg is a lot for Ambien.

My dudes. I have insomnia and it's horrible. Like it fluctuates with me and it really sucks. I had to get up at 7:30 (please note, I'm at home right now and looking for work/trying to start school again and am out of high school. I haven't had to be up that early for a class since 2013) because my mom had a problem with her hip (she had a hip replacement), and I had a therapy appointment at noon. The therapist's office called and she was out of office. I only got the call after we had left. I slept in a 80°f car for about an hour forgetting I had the keys. RIP me. So anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this! I think I'm going to base the next one shot off of "Hard Times" by Paramore (THEY'RE BACK BITCHES), or "Shape of You" by Ed Sheeran bc if I'm listening to something it's one of those two. ALSO PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO THAT I PUT BELOW. IT'S AMAZING AND THE WATERMARK IS THEIR TUMBLR AND GDI I'M DYING OVER THEIR ART. PLEASE SUPPORT THEM.

Jaa ne,

Nat the Alley Cat