A Rose By Any Other Name | Jean Jacques Leroy

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would be just as sweet!"
- Shakespeare, "Romeo and Juliet" (Act II Scene II)

((Oh look. Another one that hasn't come into the show yet. My thing with him is HE DOES NOT LOOK 19. That is all.))

Jean Jacques Leroy had never been so upset. It was an off season, so he was promoting charities. And while he loved showing off his girlfriend (and the fans loved seeing her as well), his parents constantly put her down. Would find any reason to degrade her.

"Oh, look at that [hair type] hair! If she would just do something with it. Maybe color it [color], she would look better." His mother would say.

"JJ." His father would pull him to the side on occasion, "She doesn't even skate! Why should you date her? Why not someone who's on par with you?"

It aggravated Jean to no end. He always made it a point that they are in love. Nothing would change that.

They met in high school, in their junior year. Both 16 and he needed tutoring in Anatomy and Physiology. He had never heard of her before, but it was love at first sight.

<<Junior Year, JJ - 16<<

She sat down in front of him with her AP Anatomy and Physiology book, noticing that he just had the standard, "I'm so sorry." She said.

Her voice was all he could think about, "It's not a problem." He smiled.

"No, no! Let me run and borrow the other book." She got up, but he grabbed her wrist.

"No, we can share." He stated.

[Name] bit her lip, nervous around the gorgeous man, who she knew was on the figure skating team, "Alright. They told me that you needed help on... The skeletal system?" She questioned, "Okay, how many bones are in a human body?"

"Two hundred... twenty six?" He guessed.

"Close. In the adult human body there are 206. In a child there are more. But, I don't think they cover that..." She leaned closer, looking at his book.

He took in her scent. She smelled marvelous, "Why haven't I noticed you before?" He asked.

[Name] looked down, ashamed, "I... I'm a scholarship student. My family isn't well off or even middle class."

He looked amazed, So that's why! He thought, Scholarship students are always doing community service as well as being in all Advanced Placement classes!

Most students like that have no time for a social life. They spend their days in the library when not in class, and doing charity work when not doing homework. Not to mention, he was never in any AP classes.

When they parted that day, Jean made sure they had each other's number. Soon after, they started going on dates. And at the beginning of their senior year, they were an item.

His parents were not happy. In the least.

>>Present Day>>