Carry On | Seung-gil Lee

"When you're lost and alone, or you're sinking like a stone, carry on. May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground, carry on."
- FUN, "Carry On"

Seung-gil Lee was trying his hardest, calculating every jump and step in his head. His girlfriend of two years, and fiancée of six months, [Name] watched with bated breath, hoping and praying that he'd make it.

She couldn't bare to watch as he stumbled after a jump or when he flubbed his jump. He was so passionate about skating that sometimes, she felt he loved it more than her (though the ring on her left ring finger proved that wrong).

He didn't place, he knew that. He walked off the kiss-and-cry, and [Name] ran out of her seat, showed her badge to the security, and hugged him as he cried.

He burried his face in her neck, and everyone looked at them. They'd no clue he was this close to anyone. He looked up, and she wiped away his tears, and kissed him gently.

"It'll be okay, Seung-gil... I promise. You've got a place in the Four Continents." She whispered, putting her hands on his chest. He was a good head taller than her.

He looked down, "Thanks." And he put a hand on her head, patting it, "I... Just need a little time."

After the final placings, Yuuri Katsuki, the Japanese skater, was hugging everyone with a dead look in his eyes. He even hugged [Name]. Seung-gil almost blew a fuse at another man touching her. Even if he was in a relationship with his coach!! When he left, Sara and [Name] giggled at their aghast brother and boyfriend, respectively.

"Hey..." [Name] said as Seung-gil walked off, leaving her behind. She ran and grabbed his hand, smiling up at him. He looked at her and said nothing.

They took a taxi to their hotel - it was fancier than [Name] had ever stayed in. She looked in the bathroom, and noticed that the bath was big enough for them both to sit in together.

"Seung-gil... C'mon. Let's take a bath." She said. He nodded, and got in first, with [Name] placing her back against his chest, and ran some steaming hot water.

While they filled the tub, he cried into her neck.

"Hey, I thought you had that out of your system." [Name] said, gently, "What's wrong?"

He turned the water off so it wouldn't over flow, wrapped his arms around her stomach and mumbled, "Not enough." Into her neck.

"Not enough for what?" [Name] asked, rubbing his arms.

"I don't feel like I'm good enough to be skating professionally." He said, "Or I'm not enough to place at the next event." He sighed, and dug his face deeper into her neck, where she felt hot tears flowing, "Or enough for you."

[Name] was shocked. He never spoke that much at once. He didn't mind her incessant talking when she was feeling down, but he never said things like that! "You're plenty for me, Seung-gil!"

"You could be dating that Italian guy. He was looking at you." Seung-gil went on.

"Seung-gil..." [Name] sighed.

"That Chez guy seemed interested, too." He went on.

"Seung-gil Lee..." [Name] warned.

"Or even...!!!"

[Name] got on her knees between his legs, and held his face to look at her, "You are enough! I said yes to going out with you, and I said yes to marry you, didn't I?!" She giggled, kissing his lips.

"Yeah." he stated, looking at the breasts that were in front of him.

"Eyes up here. I don't want to do it tonight, don't get excited." She stated plainly.

Seung-gil looked back up, "So why did you say yes?"

"Because. I love guys who are passionate. I love guys that treat me well. I love guys that are loyal. I love the man that is you, Seung-gil. I know your fans do, too." She sat back down, and between his legs. She sighed, "Calm down, boy." She giggled.

"I'm trying!" He retorted, burrowing his face in her neck once more.

"Now, why don't you feel enough for me?"

"You could have any number of men. Ones that could give you more than me. Ones that could place the world in your hands. I want that for you. I could barely afford the ring plus my coaching fees. You deserve a man who can give you everything." Seung-gil was being uncharacteristically talkative.

[Name] laughed, "Seung-gil Lee! You are my world. If you left me, I don't think I'd ever move on." She said, "And my ring is more than perfect. I don't want you thinking otherwise." She kissed his hand that was rubbing circles on her stomach, bringing it to her lips, "I love you so much, you goob."

"But what if...?!" He was stopped.

"What and if are words fine on their own. What and if together are dangerous." [1] she said, "You will make it to the podium next time."

He sighed, "Let's get to bed."

The next day, on the flight home, [Name] fell asleep on his shoulder, left hand holding his. All he could think of was that in a few weeks, there'd be two rings on her finger and one on his.

He could do this. As long as she stayed by him, he would win it all. All for her. The past is the past, only way to go is forward.

You've just gotta carry on.

[1] it's a quote, I don't remember where I found it or who said it, but it's a quote. If someone knows, please tell me. ;_;

Yo, sorry this one was so short. I appreciate all the love you guys are sending for my stories! This was a request for YourDarlingFlower. I hope you enjoy! I honestly am trying to do two to three a day. This one just got wrapped up quicker than expected. As compensation, have Yuuri hugging Seung-gil...

I feel that this one was written better than the last one, but I highly dislike that it was so short

I feel that this one was written better than the last one, but I highly dislike that it was so short. I'm not putting a link to the song in this one unless the requestor wants me to. At least where I live, everyone I know knows FUN and their song(s). So I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!
Jaa ne
-
Nat the Alley Cat