Words | Yuri Plisetsky Soulmate!AU

"It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away."
- Bee Gees, "Words"

Soulmate!AU where your soulmates first words to you are written in their favorite color on your inner wrist

Yuri Plisetsky was wandering the streets of St. Petersburg in Russia. Everything had gone wrong that day. From tripping up in practice (which never, never happened), to not having his favorite shirt clean for going out with Mila (she needed someone to carry her bags, "I'll buy you a new cheetah print shirt~!" She had bribed him), he couldn't catch a break!

And these girls... All these girls. "Stop yelling!" They'd say, "See, I'm your soulmate!" No, no they weren't. The blue that stained his wrist didn't change to another color. People teased him about it, too "See! You need to stop yelling! It's written in your veins!"

When he was a baby, it did just look like veins. Now that he was older, it was obvious that his soulmate's favorite color is blue. It still looked like veins, and he liked to keep it covered up. Russian winters helped that.

[Name] was also wandering the streets of St. Petersburg, wondering who the hell her soulmate thinks he - or she, but she hopes it's a he - is! "Get the hell out of my way!" Geez! It was written in a blood red. People kept telling her that it was in her blood. The fact that her soulmate was as passionate as she was - even if it was about getting out of his or her way.

Today, everything seemed normal for the 16 year old. She's bought her dad's birthday gift from the department store, which her mother had put on layaway. She didn't come from a well-to-do family. She passed her school - which she loathed - on the way out, and would pass it on the way back. She missed the bus, as per usual, and decided to walk. She was looking at her phone when...

BANG

She had run into a boy, her age it seemed.

"Get the hell out of my way!" He yelled.

"Stop yelling!" She yelled back.

And in that moment, both of their wrists had started to burn, but... In a good way? They both thought. Like sitting by a fire on a cold winter's day, not much different from the actual day.

They looked at their wrists, which were now both black.

"Y-you're..." [Name] muttered, "We're..."

Yuri just looked at his wrist in a You have to be kidding me manner, "Yup. We're soulmates." He stated.

"Do you... Wanna get coffee...?" [Name] asked, "I-i mean..."

Yuri looked at her. She was beautiful, [Hair length] [hair color] tresses, [eye shape and color] orbs that he could look into for hours... Good fashion sense, judging by her leopard print bag, "Yeah. Sounds good."

They walked together to a local coffee shop, and ordered.

"So, um... I'm [Full name]. I live here in St. Petersburg. What about yourself?" She asked.

Her voice suits her perfectly... He thought, "Yuri Plisetsky. I live here, too. I'm a figure skater."

"The Russian Fairy... Or Punk, depending on who you ask." She giggled.