After All this Time | Yuuri Katsuki

"Cause after all this time, I'm still into you." - Paramore, "Still Into You"

Katsuki Yuuri came back to his hometown after five years away. There was more than one reason he was dreading coming back. One was his loss at the Grand Prix. The second... Well... was her. The girl he up and left. The girl he swore he would return to. Yet it was the same girl he knew would have left him after the incident. Surely she'd moved on...

After returning home, seeing his mother, father, and sister; as well as paying his respects to Vicchan, he headed out to see his first crush. Maybe she would cheer him up.

[Name] heard of Yuuri's return. She waited for five years for him, after all. She cried as she watched him falter on the ice. She was rooting for him so hard. Her job at the inn kept her busy, but she would always make time to watch him.

When she was younger, she desperately wanted to be a part of his life with ice skating. She had weak ankles, so every time she had tried to, she wound up spraining them. Nevertheless, she always watched Yuuri, Yuko, and Takeshi practice. Having fun.

But she always felt so... Left out. She eventually found herself driven with a passion for music.

She figured Yuuri would go see Yuko. After all, he... He didn't know she was married or had triplets yet. He would go to her first.

[Name] waited patiently at the inn. Minako had left, but not before saying that Yuuri would surely go to her next.

'But, he didn't see me first...' she pouted, eventually sighing, and watching whatever channel was on.

As Yuuri walked in the inn, [Name] stood up, and time froze.

Yuuri couldn't believe it... How...? Had she not left? Nothing was keeping her here. Had she married someone from high school?! Her music career, as well!! She was so good, how could she just stay here?! "[Name]... You're here... You... Are you married?" He really didn't want to know the answer.

He remembered 5 years ago...

"Can we please just do something alone?" [Name] asked angrily.

Everyone was seeing Yuuri off. He was leaving that night. She wanted to spend alone time with her boyfriend.

"I'd like to see Yuko some more before I leave." Yuuri said.

'6 hours...' she thought, '6 hours before he leaves and he doesn't even want to see me!'

"You go on, Yuuri." She had stopped, dragging her hand out of his, "I know you'll always want her."

"[Name], that's not..." Yuuri started.

"I... Was always second place." [Name] admitted.

"[Name]..." Yuuri warned, despite his calm nature. It hurt him to know she felt that way.

But, [Name] smiled, "I just want you to be happy, okay? So, go. I'll always be waiting." And she turned around, walking back to her place. Well, truth be told, it was supposed to be their place. But not until he returned.

Yuuri frowned, and swore he would be back.

Present...

"What I said all those years ago... They still apply. I will always want your happiness. I will always wait, as well. For the time that you need-"

Words were cut short with a tearful hug, "I made you feel like you came second.  If I... If I had known..." He sobbed, "That you were still waiting... After five years... You... You shouldn't have wasted all that time. The boys at school... Someone would have made you top priority... You could have lived out your dream of having a family." His sobs died down, "And your music! What about that?"

[Name] sighed, "Those dreams were always only with you. You, Yuuri. I figured, if love somehow finds me, it does. But not before I clear up things with you." She sighed, "A-and music became a chore, really."

"I... I want you to be happy. I want you to myself, though, too. I guess... I'm too selfish." Yuuri laughed, "I want to ask you properly this time. Not as a broke student. Please, just wait a little longer."

[Name] laughed, "Alright." She turned to leave, but Yuuri caught her hand.

"Stay... Stay the night?" He blushed, "I don't think I can let you leave in good mind."

She shook her head, "You're still not convinced, are you?"

"No, I... I want to make sure that you still want me... You know how we used to be. Cuddling until dawn, and all of that." He blushed while his sister cracked up in the background. He got quiet then found his voice, "I want to be a better man for you."

[Name] kissed his cheek, "Of course."

That night, in Yuuri's room, [Name] changed into one of his shirts and a pair of boxers, then looked at Yuuri, expectantly.

"You're not going to like what you see." He mumbled, "I've gained a lot of weight."

"Yuuri!!" [Name] laughed, "You've got to be kidding!!! I don't care what you weigh!!! I. Love. You."

He sighed, and changed. Soon, they were cuddling and talking, "Where do you think we'll be in five years...?" [Name] asked, face buried in his chest.

"Married. With a happy home to call our own. Maybe two kids like we had talked about. I'd give anything to be able to start this younger. To take back 5 years ago. To take you with me."

[Name] yawned, "Yeah... And you'll be skating for Japan. And we'll be there to cheer you on." She sighed, "I forgot how comforting it was to sleep by your side... I'm getting drowsy... I honestly haven't felt like this since you left..."

Yuuri kissed the top of her head, "Sleep. I love you."

5 Years Later...

A gold medal hung on the wall of the house, now owned by Katsuki Yuuri and [Name]. A bassinet lay in one corner of the room, and toys littered the floor. But... The house was empty.

"Mommy! Daddy!!!!" A little girl giggled as she glossed over the ice rink.

"Yuuri!! Don't let Yuriko go!!!" [Name] held their one year old son, Yuki, panicking.

Yuuri laughed, "C'mere." He said, taking both of Yuriko's hands in his, "Your mom's a worry wart." He laughed.

"Daddy is, too!!!" She giggled.

Turns out, dreams do come true.

Yay! This one didn't need that much revision!! So, finally, one of them made it. Finally. I wrote this after the second episode came out, I think? Either way, it's been sitting in my phone for a few weeks. I think I'll write a new one for Viktor next. Possible theme: "Stay the Night" by Zedd feat. Hayley Williams (I am a huge Paramore fan... Just a warning). I apologize that all of them so far are song Fics. I get really inspired by music. So, again, thanks for reading!
Jaa ne
-
Nat the Alley Cat