Christmas | Yuuri Katsuki

"Christmas is sights, especially the sights of Christmas reflected in the eyes of a child."
- William Saroyan

This Christmas would be the first that Yuuri and [Name] Katsuki would have a baby on their hands... They just didn't know it yet.

Christmas Eve had been spent just the two of them, exchanging their gifts. Since [Name] was from [Home Country] and had spent lots of time in the Western world which celebrated Christmas very differently, Yuuri's family decided to try and make it as homey as possible since she was 38 weeks pregnant (in other words, she could give birth at any time). They decided on giving each other gifts, and saving the Christmas Cake for Christmas.

[Name] remembered how shocked Yuuri was last year when he spent Christmas in her home country with her family.

"Ehhhh? You eat that? What about KFC?" He asked.

[Name] had to explain that getting fried chicken on Christmas was a Japanese tradition. Here, they ate home cooked food.

But on Christmas Eve, Yuuri and [Name] decided on staying home and just being together. This was the last chance they'd have before the baby came. She also fixed him Katsudon, which he ate up.

[Name] had woken up early to cook pancakes and eggs for Yuuri and herself. While [Name] was cooking, she got a text from her mother-in-law, Hiroko, who was asking how she was, and if fried chicken [1] would upset her stomach.

[Name] text back, and assured that fried chicken sounded really good, but KFC was too far out for them to travel.

It's fine with me, Hiroko-san. But please don't send out for KFC. The closest is too far out to bother.

Nonsense! I've already sent Mari out to get some! We ordered it a week ago!

Well, okay. See you guys at 7!

[Name] sighed, taking the eggs off the burner, and started on the pancakes. That is until she felt Yuuri put his hands around her over swollen stomach and yawn in her ear.

"Yuuri!" [Name] laughed as he kissed her neck, "Did I wake you?" She gently asked.

"No..." He buried his face in her neck, "Viktor text me with a picture of him and his daughter wishing us a merry Christmas..." He groaned, "Could he not have waited until noon?" Yuuri yawned again, kissed her neck one more time, and sat down at the table, nibbling on the toast that [Name] had fixed.

[Name] smiled sadly at the thought of Victoria. She hated being away from the child. "Hey, pancakes will be done in a minute." [Name] stated, after noticing Yuuri's nibbling.

Yuuri sighed, "Alright... I'll wait." He sat, watching as she worked. 38 weeks pregnant. Due on January 7. Exactly 2 weeks from today. How does she do all of this...? He thought. He couldn't have asked for a better wife. "Aishitteru, [Name]." He mumbled, tiredly but lovingly. He was looking at her as if she were made of gold.

"I love you, too, Yuuri." She giggled, setting everything down, "Little one is really kicking today." She said. Stretching her back, she laughed, "It's like they're playing let me see how long mom can go with me jumping from her bladder to her rib cage." [Name] laughed, "It's alright, little one. I still love you." She said to the child inside her.