I tightened my hijab as it began to fall loose. "They don't often come out and if they do, they use the other gate. Humza bhai doesn't want them walking around. Malika is an exception. She has got him wrapped around her finger." I assume Malika is the girl who just stormed out.

"Okay." Why didn't he marry her if she was so beloved to him?

A Sudden clearance of throat now got my attention and I tilted my head to find the devil himself standing near the entrance. He was completely dressed now. He was wearing a well fitted black armaani. His hair was wet indicating that he had just been out of shower.

"Out everybody. I need to speak to bibijaan." His voice was completely authoritative and no wonder Maliha left at once. I kept on staring at his face. His face held hundreds of emotions. He looked at me, his gaze piercing through mine.

"Out." he mouthed and as if an ice bucket was thrown at me, I got up from my seat, still throwing daggers at him. If he was here to shout at bibijaan again. I won't let him do that.

He raised his eyebrow in amusement. I don't even know what amused him but anyway I walked past him into the hall and waited there. After Maliha, Nasreen and I had left, Humza went in.

He had something in his hand but I couldn't see it properly.

"Is there a way we could know what's going on in?" I felt my palm sweat in anticipation. I Was worried. He won't hurt bibijaan now, would he?

"Oh my ALLAH don't panic. Humza bhai won't hurt her. He must be apologizing but since You won't believe me, I could show you." She held my left wrist tightly and pulled me along outside. She was smiling mischievously. At first the guards were attentive on seeing Maliha but as soon as they saw me, the tension in the air was gone as they were now relaxed. She took me near the kitchen window and I smiled at the guards sheepishly who inturn looked at me with confusion written all over their faces.

"Bibijaan I am sorry for the way I spoke to you this morning." My eyes widen as I saw a smiling bibijaan sitting on a chair and Humza kneeling before her. His head was kept on her lap and bibijaan moved her hand accross it smoothly.

Waao!

I wish I could do that someday.

Wait! What?
Guys I have lost a screw somewhere, I think.

"It's Allright son." Bibijaan smiled.

"I have got you something." Humza sniggered. Yes he smiled. It was so genuine and attractive that I couldn't help but wonder, why didn't he smile more often?

Not that I cared whether he smiles or cries. It's... It's just that.. Ummm.. He would look less of a monster than he really is.

I looked at him with curiosity as he took out a plastic container like something. I looked at it keenly seeing bibijaan's eyes twinkling brightly like a child who received his favourite toy.

"Humza bhai got her rasgullas(an Indian sweet). It's her favorite." Maliha giggled and a smile captured my lips as well.

A question consuming my head too quickly.
Was I too harsh in judging him?

Shoot!
Apocalypse it is!

But he has always been bad to me. Hell he destroyed my life.

But he did something good too.

My mouth pressed into a thin line as I thought in a state of confusion and dilemma when I heard him say. "Didn't I tell you not to peek in somebody else's room?"

Double shoot!

Maliha and I had literally made a run for our lives. I didn't face Humza the whole day and I was thankful that he didn't barge into my room throwing questions at me.

Later that night Maliha came to my room, in order to inform me that uncle and aunty had arrived. I walked down along with her.

"Do they know about the mistresses?" I questioned Maliha as I covered my hair properly.

"Yes they do know and that is one of the reasons why aunty had wanted Huzma bhai to get married. She thinks he will be fine once he forgets her and falls for you. Love is a powerful thing." Her words now got all of my attention. I plod beside her and question her again.

"Forgets whom? Who are y.." I was stopped mid sentence as Rafia aunty's voice boomed accross.

"Anaabiya my daughter." She ambled towards the spiral staircase that I had been walking on and engulfed me in a bone crushing hug. She looked too young for a mother to be honest.

"Assalam alaikum." I smiled but it was faltered when I saw him behind her speaking to uncle.

"Walaikum assalam." Both aunty and uncle responded at the same time.

"How have you been?" She smiled.

"I am fine aunty, alhamdulillah." I responded looking at my foot, trying to avoid myself from looking at him.

"Is he taking good care of you?" Aunty asked me. I could see she was tensed and I looked at Humza, my gaze locked with his.

What do I say? I haven't even spoken to him once.

"C'mmon mother. Now let my wife and I live in peace. Stop bothering her with your questions." He took long strides towards me and in a swift move his hands were placed firmly around my waist pulling me to himself.

My insides immediately clenched at the contact. Butterflies, rats, elephants, in fact the whole zoo fluttered inside my stomach. What is he doing?

"We didn't ask you." Uncle spat and I could feel Humza's grip tightening around my waist as if asking me to be nice. I wanted to wince in pain but I rather shut my mouth decisively.

"So Anaabiya is he being nice to you child?" Uncle eyed him suspiciously.

"Offcourse I am." Humzaa smiled looking at me, but only I could see the warning and the threatening in those beautiful mesmerizing eyes. My jaws were literally on the floor by now.

Nice my foot!

Uncle gave him a glare which said 'shut up' and he immediately did.

The three of them looked at me expectantly waiting for my answer and I bite on my own lips out of nervousness.

"No.." I managed to whisper.

Why not use that star and rectangular box if you like what you are reading? 😘

E D I T E D on 1.1.2018