Boss 10 - Plaguemaker Elfewort

Start from the beginning

As soon as he was on his feet again, Link put as much distance as he could from the rings of mushrooms. "Stay out of those circles. I've got a bad feeling about where they go."

"How do we know where she's going to attack?" Saruo called back, backing up with her puppets.

Link wished he had one of Mirum's shards. The kind of true vision powers those gifted him likely would have helped him see through whatever glamorous illusions this monster was putting up to hide itself.

"I have an idea," Link called before he pulled his hood up over his head. A haze washed over the world around him, and the figure of the fairy woman appeared in front of him. She jumped, shocked to see him. Link watched her blink between circles before finally floating out from her rings.

The fae went a different color as she passed out from the ring where she had been hovering. A moment after she had completely changed colors, the fairy shuddered, collapsing over. Link turned to see Saruo's puppets rushing the collapsed figure as Wudhi wobbled atop Kephe and Mismawn's shoulders. The trio was going to join the fight then.

Throwing his hood off again, Link raced to join Saruo's puppets. He sunk his blade deep into the mushroom cap, watching it splitter as he drove his sword home. The fairy shuddered, taking the beating for a few more moments before it pounded the ground and started to push itself up.

"Move your puppets, Saruo," Link shouted, jumping back a few steps as the fae began to rise. He did not want to get caught in those puppets' clouds again, particularly when they were closed off from any boko babas to cure the toxin.

Fortunately, Saruo teleported her puppets back to her side, out of reach of the rings of mushrooms as they began to glow again.

"Does it see you then when you pull on that hood?" Saruo asked, skirting the rings to get closer to Link as best she could without teleporting. "It wandered out after you disappeared."

Keeping his distance still, Link answered, "I believe it's slipping into the Spirit Realm when it teleports from those rings."

"It's vulnerable when it steps out though," Wudhi called. "Pegged that ugly growth when it stepped out."

"Don't let it hit you back," Link replied, pulling his hood back up to search for the fae. The fairy was clutching her mushroom cap's wounds for a moment, before starting to teleport again. At first, she dodged Wudhi but as she studied Saruo and Link, she kept her distance for a moment. After floating away from her attackers though, the fae teleported back and forth, closer to Wudhi.

From his perch, the deku scrub launched deku nuts at the fairy, but the attacks did nothing while the fairy continued to hover within her ring.

"You wanna make her get out of there again?" Saruo asked generally to the air, unsure where Link was now.

Still invisible, Link watched the fae as she kept herself safe within her circles. She seemed hesitant now to step away from her shelter, and it seemed clear that none of her attackers were going to get close enough for her to hit them back.

As the fairy turned away, Link pulled a bomb from his pack. He struck the fuse over his wrist guard and tossed it underhand towards where the monster loomed before him. At the sound of a hissing fuse, the fae turned towards the sound and jumped, stumbling out of the her ring just for a moment. Long enough for Saruo's puppets to drag her the rest of the way out.

Letting his hood fall back as he ran, Link reached the collapsed form of the fae. Pushing himself upwards, Link arched his blade as gravity brought him and his sword back down towards the fae's mushroom cap. The fairy shuddered from the momentum of the attack, curling up as Link and Saruo's puppets continued to attack her.